Game Idea: Super Mario RPG 2: Dark Empire

FoxWolf64

Fear is the path to the dark side.
So I came up with this idea for a fangame that I think might work. It's a sequel to Super Mario RPG, and features similar gameplay mechanics. Here's the storyline so far:

The game starts with the annual Mushroom Fair, held in Toad Town right near Peach's castle. Mario is walking around the festival with Peach, when Bowser comes in his airship once again to kidnap Peach. Mario and Bowser have a 1-on-1 duel in the middle of the burning festival, which, of course, Mario wins. On seeing this, Ludwig addresses his concern on how Bowser tries kidnapping Peach so many times, and it never works. At this, he announces his leaving of the Koopa Troop, and jumps out of the airship, running away. Mario agrees to help Bowser get Ludwig back, but Peach is not so sure. She decides to stay behind, while Mario and Bowser leave the festival and go out into the wilderness.

(Spoilers start here. If you do not want to see, don't look.)

The 2 travel through the fields, eventually coming to Mushroom City. They find that the city is enveloped in plague, but they don't know what caused it. Mario and Bowser search the city, eventually finding the source, a mysterious ghostly figure that they battle. In battle, the figure changes forms from Bowser to Mario and back again. When they finally defeat it, they keep heading down the sewer in the direction they think Ludwig might've gone.

They end up going through a twisted, haunted cave, hearing voices whisper to them eerily, like the River Twygz Bed voices. They use an electric car used by the last boss to find their way out of the cave, and come to a dark, haunted forest. Here, they find Luigi, who joins them in finding Ludwig. Finding their way out, they come to a forgotten pass through the mountains. Since they can't go any other way, they go through the ruins, facing a traitorous Magikoopa, thinking that Bowser had somehow used Mario and Luigi to destroy his own army. Upon defeating him, they realize it was a trap set up by King Wart's army, somehow resurrected after Mario defeated them.

Waking up in prison, they plot an escape route, meeting up with each other and destroying the warden, Mouser. After this, they team up with fellow prisoner Bomb Bro, who helps them into Wart's castle. There, they defeat the castle's 3 guardians: Clawgrip, Triclyde, and Fry Guy. Making it into Wart's throne, they find nobody there. However, Rosalina appears and guides them out of the castle into a desert hideaway, where Wart is hiding.

After the 5 fight him, they question him about how he was brought back. Wart only says something about a blue monster promising him fortune if he agrees to follow him. Bowser assumes it's Ludwig, and asks where he is. Wart says he doesn't know. Everybody decides to give up and go home. After splitting up, Mario and Luigi go back to the Mushroom Kingdom, finding that Peach is gone. Written in graffiti on the castle walls is a message that the Princess has been kidnapped.

Mario, assuming that he had been tricked by Bowser, goes back to Bowser's castle. When he arrives, the castle lifts off the ground, creating metal spider legs and trying to crush Mario. After destroying the extra part of the castle, it falls on top of Mario, who seems to die.

Mario is given a 1-UP and waken up by Rosalina, back at the observatory. She explains that Ludwig stole Princess Peach back to Bowser's castle to lure him there, and is holding Bowser and Bomb Bro hostage. With the help of a launch star, Mario makes it to Ludwig's flying castle. After making it through all the traps and Koopalings, Mario meets Ludwig face-to-face at the highest tower on the castle. Seeing Peach, Bowser, and Bomb Bro all in cages, Mario battles Ludwig, defeats him, and lets everybody out of their cages. Ludwig gets up, however, uses a mushroom, and becomes a more powerful version of himself. Bowser requests to battle Ludwig alone, and after Ludwig's ultimate form is reverted, apologies are made, and the castle returns to ground. Peach and Mario go back to the Mushroom Kingdom, and continue the festival.

Playable Characters:
Mario
Bowser
Luigi
Bomb Bro
Rosalina

Bosses:
Bowser(Mushroom Fair)
Plague Ghost(Mushroom City Sewer)
Dark Bones(Twisted Cave)
Magikoopa(Mountain Pass)
Mouser(8-Bit Fort)
Clawgrip, Triclyde, Fryguy(Wart's Castle)
Wart(Desert Hideaway)
Bowser's Castle(Bowser's Domain)
Larry, Morton, Wendy, Iggy, Roy, Lemmy(Chateau Ludwig)
Ludwig von Koopa(Chateau Ludwig)

So, tell me what you think. Is it good enough so far? Could it use work? I'm open to criticism, so throw 'em at me.

Re: Fangame: Super Mario RPG 2: Dark Empire

Wait. Why are the other Koopalings helping Ludwig?

Did they leave too?

If so, why didn't you just say the Koopalings left?

Magikrazy said:
Wait. Why are the other Koopalings helping Ludwig?

Did they leave too?

If so, why didn't you just say the Koopalings left?

They didn't exactly leave, but they didn't go with Bowser either. They flew the airship back to Bowser's castle, which Ludwig ended up taking them as servants for his new empire.

How was Ludwig able to overpower the other Koopalings?

I think Morton and Roy alone could easily stop him.

Before you go about talking about your ideas...are you actually capable of making such a game?

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Before you go about talking about your ideas...are you actually capable of making such a game?

Notice the title. FANGAME. They usually are not real, or are made with flash. It would take a lot of sprite work, downloading, and programming, but I guess it could be done…I guess...

Magikrazy: He's the oldest out of all the koopalings, and the leader, so they'd all listen to him.

Clawdia Koopa said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:

Notice the title. FANGAME. They usually are not real, or are made with flash. It would take a lot of sprite work, downloading, and programming, but I guess it could be done…I guess...
I don't know where you're getting your definition of "fangame" from then.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Clawdia Koopa said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:

I don't know where you're getting your definition of "fangame" from then.

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Fantendo:Main_Menu

Look at some stuff here. Some parts are kind of stupid, but you can't find anything that you can download.

Alright, so, you're using a fanfiction site as a source for fangames. Notice how they are two completely different categories.

For people like me who are also MFGG members "fangame" implies that you're actually making it. A better name would be "game idea".

Back