R.I.P. Robin Williams

Riprip.

I really liked that movie where he played that 200 year old robot (don't know the english title probably the "200-year man" or something).

^Bicentennial Man, close enough.

I heard about this from my grandpa, who's known for making facetious dark humor like that, so I didn't believe it until my dad confirmed it this morning.

Man. That's got to be a rough blow.

And I'm Javert said:
^Bicentennial Man, close enough.

Well the translation of the german title wouldve been the 200-year man, and german translators are known for completlely messing up movie titles most of the time.

hey, at least it's only a literal translation.

you could have gotten star wars episode iii: backstroke of the west

Well they have already relabelled Star Wars (at least in the original trilogy) "Krieg der Sterne", which literally just means Star Wars but sounds a lot more stupid.

I am really not sure how to feel about this. I mean, it's like Michael Jackson all over again where I was gone without internet and didn't find out until like a day or two later.

I will miss everything he has done and all the enjoyment he has made in many movies. I am just still in shock that this happened.

Fun fact: Robin Williams was roommates with Christopher Reeve while he attended Julliard.

I hope they're roommates in heaven too.

Sorry to double post, but tonight Broadway is dimming the lights for a minute in honor of Robin Williams. I'm up in New York right now on a trip and I was heading down there tonight anyway. If I have the time, I'll be down there for the lights dimming.

Coroner's report confirmed cause of death was suicide by asphyxia.

RIP to a great man, big shame on how it all ended.

Zelda fans make a petition to get Robin Williams in the next Zelda game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/15/fans-petition-to-have-robin-williams-memorialized-the-next-legend-of-zelda-game

i like the idea, but i hate how these petition sites are used for such trivial things

Hey, having Weird Al at the halftime show isn't trivial.

Anyway, I agree that Williams doesn't need to be in every game or series he enjoyed playing.

Mario4Ever said:
Hey, having Weird Al at the halftime show isn't trivial.
i really want weird al at the halftime show, but it frustrates me that these petitions get huge amounts of signatures and then ones for important social and political changes get nothing

I'm really late to this thread, but I was pretty devastated when I heard the news. He was one of my favourite people, and Aladdin and Mrs Doubtfire are some of my favourite childhood films.

RIP you wonderful man. : <

I guess one can hope that this will promote some more research and funding into mental health.

Back