Digimon

Power Star
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
so even though you've all abandoned me, at one point we had a big digimon fad so i'm assuming there's still some digimon fans hanging around here

i made this topic because anton showed me something and i guess they announced a(nother) sequel to digimon adventure

the official translation on the right is atrocious, so i added my possibly-less-atrocious attempt on the left

http://digimon-adventure.net/

the orange box says when "everyone" clicks the egg, they'll release more information. i guess the counter on the right is the number of clicks left

I clicked the egg.

I wonder if the new stuff will include, ignore or outright retcon Digimon Adventures 02, seeing as that was 3 years after the original afaik, and this is 3 years after that, since the kids were 11 or something in the original and Tai's gonna be 17 in the new thing, so there's wiggle room.

I liked the first 3 seasons/series of Digimon, but then the 4th season got bounced around the TV schedule and I never got into it, and I only saw a bit of the 5th season and it looked really weird. I didn't even know there was a 6th season until a couple months ago.

Definitely not gonna miss this season. I really meant to watch a lot of Digimon this summer, but never got around to it.

Well, at least the existence of this means that the abysmal horridness of Hunters did not manage to permanently kill off the franchise. So that's good.

Walkazo said:
I clicked the egg.

I wonder if the new stuff will include, ignore or outright retcon Digimon Adventures 02, seeing as that was 3 years after the original afaik, and this is 3 years after that, since the kids were 11 or something in the original and Tai's gonna be 17 in the new thing, so there's wiggle room.

Oh my god, that probably means Daisuke and Miyako are going to be characters. Oh god, oh no, oh why.

INTO THE BOMB SHELTER! :mad:

DragonFreak said:
Actually, I stopped watching dubbed anime all together. As long as it has English subtitles, I am good to go.

Frikkin' weeaboo!

It's ok, I do the same *bro/sisfist*

I should get around to watching Digimon.

I remember watching some of it on early morning kid shows but I never got too into it.

DragonFreak said:
Actually, I stopped watching dubbed anime all together. As long as it has English subtitles, I am good to go.

you... you did?

well tbh i always prefer subs too, but id still like them to localize it in a timely manner so everyone in the west doesn't forget it exists

Mr. Edo said:
Well, at least the existence of this means that the abysmal horridness of Hunters did not manage to permanently kill off the franchise. So that's good.

that cyber sleuth game has been around for a while now

Digimon Adventure and Digimon Adventure 2 were my faourites, so if it's like that I'll love it.

Oh, cool. I used to like the original Digimon when I was little. I doubt I'd watch the new show, but at least I'll check it out.

Geez, what's with all the anime reboots lately? (OK, it's only this and Sailor Moon. And they're making new DBZ movies again.)

DragonFreak said:
Yes I did. You surprised?

a little. you seemed to prefer dubs before

Purple Yoshi said:
Geez, what's with all the anime reboots lately?

it's not really a reboot afaik

Shoutmon said:
DragonFreak said:
Yes I did. You surprised?
a little. you seemed to prefer dubs before
I had a huge change of heart

Shoutmon said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Geez, what's with all the anime reboots lately?
it's not really a reboot afaik
Yeah, it is a sequel series. Like 99% sure.

But maybe it really is a reboot. That way they can declare everything from season 2 after episode 23 out of continuity, and then the rest is just a reimagining of 2257's and my headcanon.

...This kind of confused me. Not the announcement, I think it's awesome! Just that, wasn't Digimon Adventure 02 supposed to be the sequel series? And didn't THAT have Tai in high school? So will this be an in-between series? Or will Toei do us a favor and retcon things so that 02 never happened. I'd like that. :P

Incidentally, I haven't finished watching the previous season/generation of Digimon, I should probably get on that.

Shoutmon said:
nah, taichi was in middle school in 02
Oh... Alright... So it takes place after 02, but before that stupid-ass, dumbass, ridiculous epilogue at the end of 02. :/

also i really doubt they're gonna retcon it since
daisuke, ken, and miyako appeared as recently as digimon hunters
so it's not like they're trying to sweep 02 under the rug. aside from that, 02 does have its fans. they would presumably be pissed off if it were rendered out of continuity

maybe they'll at least use the opportunity to give yamato some semblance of a reason to care about the moon though

MAYBE THEY CAN EVEN TIE UP THAT UNFINISHED PLOT WITH DEMON AND ... CTHULHUMON WHATEVER HIS DAMN NAME WAS

^
I seriously hope that turns out to be the case. Those were two awesome plots that they did absolutely nothing with and swiftly forgot about after a few episodes with them.

so the website updated, but not with more information

i guess maybe they didn't have it prepared in time and had to throw up something to buy more time, eheheh

but theyre still doing the clicking thing, they just added a scumon in front of the egg so it has to be clicked to death before we can finish clicking the egg

so the website updated again and this time the english translation isn't too bad. it's also pretty sparse in the way of real information, but...

agumon sure looks tiny next to old taichi

UEGlqUQ.png

seriously why did they make the digimon so small

O7laVDc.jpg

So it's the original folk, I'm down with that. They were my overall favourites

Back