The Official Les Misérables thread

Toad Eightyfive

used to be here but peaced out
Pronouns
Anything
MarioWiki
Toad85
Figured that, as long as Vommack and I are bantering in the "Click here, post here" thread, I might as well

Well, discuss the book, the play, the 1998 and 2012 movies, whatever. So long as it's a work of fiction about the 1832 June rebellion, it goes.

I made a thread like this 2 years ago and it got zero replies. i hate you guys sometimes. all of my serious threads get 0 replies yet my spam ones get over 5, why?
In the 2012 film, Hugh Jackman Russell Crowe was horrible, everyone else was great. He was one of the worst people to ever play Javert.
Miss Saigon is the better Claude-Michel Schönberg and Alain Boublil musical. It does not have the overabundance of characters that clog up the show, has better songs, and a more touching story.
The stage version is better than the 2012 movie by far. That's not to say the film was bad; I enjoyed it, but it left a lot to be desired.
The book goes off on too many tangents. Seriously, go and read the Waterloo chapter and see what I mean.

oh sorry i meant russel crowe :boo:

i always mix up the two actors when talking about the movie

the book is nice but you need skimming talent to be able to skip all of victor hugo's random tangents

i personally thought it was a better story than the play, but the play's songs are still fabulous

as for the 2012 movie i can't believe they left out "dog eats dog" because that's the best song in the entire musical, i mean honestly

I can't say I've seen the play version, at least not professionally.

I'm very familiar with it of course, I own the soundtrack and my theater club held a performance this spring (i played javert :3) but I've yet to find tickets to the real deal.

my school's doing this for our upcoming school play. i'm playing the bishop and a few other minor roles.

That link leads to a video that is blocked on copyright grounds.

And for those of you who aren't able to watch my video for copyright reasons (most especially in Germany), here's the Wikipedia description of this parody segment:

Runt Val Runt, a rebellious dog in The French Revolution in Paris, helps Rita and other captured cats get free from a future of being pies. Loosely based on the Broadway musical...

...that's the subject of this thread.

I saw this show when I was up in New York. Simply fantastic. I love just how massive the show is. The enormous sets coupled with the excellent music makes this show feel grand and amazing.

Back