The Simpsons / Family Guy Crossover

fantanoice

I can see through time
Pronouns
She / They

I don't even know how to feel.

While I'll admit there were some parts in the trailer that amused me (fucking Bob, lol), I'm pretty upset to see them throw a rape joke in there.

For shame, MacFarlane; keep that shit away from my Simpsons.

Yui Hirasawa said:

I don't even know how to feel.

While I'll admit there were some parts in the trailer that amused me (fucking Bob, lol), I'm pretty upset to see them throw a rape joke in there.

For shame, MacFarlane; keep that shit away from my Simpsons.
i was going to watch it for the sake of a crossover, but that joke totally turned me off

i don't remember it and i'm not sure i want to know

i used to like family guy back in middle school, but i haven't watched it recently because i'm too scared that i'll realize all of the jokes are ridiculously offensive

my opinion of family guy has gone as follows

when i was a kid: AHAHAHAHA LOWBROW HUMOR
when i was a teenager: AHAHAHAHA I'M STARTING TO UNDERSTAND SOME OF THE ADULT JOKES
when i was a young adult: ugh, this show is too immature, offensive, and unoriginal
now: holy shit seth macfarlane is based as fuck for having the balls to make some of the jokes he does despite tumblr existing

No-Face said:
i used to like family guy back in middle school, but i haven't watched it recently because i'm too scared that i'll realize all of the jokes are ridiculously offensive

Yeah, you probably won't like it now.

I don't get how people would be offended by rape joked, it's not like it's really gonna happen to you.

NSY said:
I don't get how people would be offended by rape joked, it's not like it's really gonna happen to you.
dude one in four women are raped in their lives, if i remember correctly

it's extremely common and a very serious issue

No-Face said:
NSY said:
dude one in four women are raped in their lives, if i remember correctly
actually that statistic was one in four college women will be raped or someone will attempt to rape them

so not 100% the same thing as what you said

My problem with that scene was that it wasn't even a joke. Come on, Seth. You don't get laughs from just saying someone's being raped. If you're going to tackle a subject as touchy as rape, put some damn effort into it.

Magikrazy said:
My problem with that scene was that it wasn't even a joke. Come on, Seth. You don't get laughs from just saying someone's being raped. If you're going to tackle a subject as touchy as rape, put some damn effort into it.

Expecting anything relating to Family Guy, a show that only exists to be as edgy as possible with offensive humor and be a vehicle for Macfarlane to spout his political and religious views on the world, to do anything with effort, that's laughable.

NSY said:

I'm sorry

wait

I'm sorry

what in the actual flying fuck

I knew that I have made a controversial post when I posted but I just wanted to say that I think rape jokes are okay for mature audiences, no one was actually being raped. I aso think that real life rape is very wrong and should not happen at all. I feel sorry to anyone who's experienced rape.

Seriously though one small joke that may be considered offensive should not turn you off an entire show. Come on.

Rape isn't funny. In any form. To a regular person, a rape joke can be discomforting. To a rape victim, it will bring back painful and traumatic memories. It'd be like making a joke about school shootings: horribly insensitive and sick.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. Everything is "horribly insensitive and sick" to someone.

NSY said:
I knew that I have made a controversial post when I posted but I just wanted to say that I think rape jokes are okay for mature audiences, no one was actually being raped. I aso think that real life rape is very wrong and should not happen at all. I feel sorry to anyone who's experienced rape.

Seriously though one small joke that may be considered offensive should not turn you off an entire show. Come on.
It didn't. That "joke" (if you can call it that) was just a small blemish on that preview. The rest of it was funny enough that I'll still tune in.

It was intended to be awkward, which is why Stewie got the look he did.

Yeah, I got that now that I saw it a second time.
It was too subtle the first time.
Honestly, I wasn't that bothered by it. I just felt that if I didn't say something negative about it, I'd cause a flame war and end up permabanned.

Anyway, back on topic.
Will this count as a Family Guy episode or Simpsons? Or will it be a two-parter for each show?

Back