Can someone who's good with computers help me?

I currently own Civ 5 and want to get the Complete Edition. However, according to the Can I run it website, I don't meet the requirements for G&K and BNW, only vanilla.

And it's because of the section under Video Card titled "Dedicated Video RAM" (which on this site doesn't appear for vanilla, it's only on G&K and BNW)

I only have 64 MB, and I guess I need 256.

So I just want to know how I can fix this (if possible. There's no way I can tear apart my computer or anything).

Here's some stuff I don't know if it helps at all.

Processor:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 3.1 GHz
Number of Cores 4

Video Card:
Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer Intel
Chipset Intel(R) HD Graphics
Dedicated Memory 64 MB
Total Memory 1.7 GB

Memory:
8.1 GB

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Service Pack 1
Size 64 Bit
Edition Home Premium

Display Maximum Resolution:
1920 x 1080

Drive 1
Size 920.3 GB
Free 829.5 GB

Drive 2
Size 11.1 GB
Free 1.4 GB

also I found this article but I don't know if it means anything.

http://www.pvladov.com/2013/10/increase-intel-hd-graphics-dedicated-video-memory.html

I know a lot of times that website will say I can't play something because my video specs are adequate, and I can. But for video ram, with that much of a difference, you probably won't be able to play it.

No-Face said:
I know a lot of times that website will say I can't play something because my video specs are adequate, and I can. But for video ram, with that much of a difference, you probably won't be able to play it.
Actually, I got help on another forum and they suggested to try the demos. I tried them and they ran fine, so I did end up getting them.

So basically it will work, but I just can't push the system to much. (so small maps, not too many players, other stuff)

New Super Mario said:
So basically it will work, but I just can't push the system to much. (so small maps, not too many players, other stuff)
If there is a problem with the game, It may be possible to find the option in your BIOS, the chance is higher if you are a Desktop user, anyway load the BIOS (while starting the computer, hold F2, or Delete on your keyboard) You may find it under Advanced, or something, just search your BIOS as much as you could, or check your motherboard/laptop manual if you're stuck. If you find it, set "dedicated" or similar to 256 MB.

Back