"I heard you have a dragon problem?" (Chapter 50 / 50) It is done!

Re: "I heard you have a dragon problem?" (Chapter 46 / 50)

in that case i'm all for it

Walkazo said:
Well, your means of supporting yourself got burned down too, on account of the fact that we worked in the same library, and simply telling people to borrow the book from the burned-down library will not earn you any income, nor will it allow them to read the book. Therefore, commerce is the only option.
Look on the bright side. At least one book was salvaged, right?

There's probably a few books out in circulation at any given time. Otherwise, the library would've been in trouble even before the spinning razors of doom, wanton bloodspatter, golem enchantments, razor skin, fiery explosions and greasy bratwurst started flying.

Here's one last side-chapter (probably); sorry if parts seem wonky - I was writing under a time limit (i.e. trying to finish it before I keeled over and fell asleep last night). I'll to get the rest of the deleted scene-type stuff out sooner than later too, so as not to interrupt the exciting conclusion of "Dragon Problem". But plans are never concrete, so ya never know.

Timetoduel3_658x.png

Timetoduel3_658x2.png

Timetoduel3_658x3.png

Timetoduel3_658x4.png

Timetoduel3_658x5.png

Timetoduel3_658x6.png

Timetoduel3_658x7.png

lol'd at the FE part

Glad you guys liked it!

Lakituthequick said:
It's funny how BMB is still present.
I imagine there's not much else to do as a ghost besides float around and see what folks are up to, or haunt them or bother them with backstories or whatever. (I haven't drawn him lately, but I figure Ghost Jam's still around too somewhere.)

Apologies for the double-post (but really, it's ya'll's fault for not being more chatty), but here's some more of the bonus art stuff (more to come).

Up first is shell mishaps. First, when I got so carried away with making a pretty bullet time image, I forgot that my shotgun shoots shells, and was very displeased when I remembered the correct ammo type, had to throw out the page and scramble to do something less pretty, but more realistic. Then in the second one, I decided to have the bullets shells explode, but then got a bit puzzled when I remembered that all the ammo boxes we had up north weren't marked with the explosive sign, and did some research, discovered that shells don't explode, and had to rewrite the scene entirely - but fortunately, only the one pic had already been done.
Timetoduel3_x351.png
Timetoduel3_x449.png

The only thing almost as shameful as the ammo mistakes is the fact that it took longer to figure out a proper way to write out "beautiful" than it took to draw the accompanying picture.
Timetoduel3_x356x.png

This scene took a couple takes. One of the attempts had Mario reflected in the eyes, but I wasn't sure if it was clear enough what was going on there, so I just scraped the idea.
Timetoduel3_x355.png

After I realized that the perspective here actually makes no sense, I ended up replacing the single panel with two.
Timetoduel3_x420.png

And finally, I decided that the gun needed to be lowered for this shot in order to add contrast to the following shot. The I used the back of the rejected picture for testing out the markers, since I can never remember which purple is the one for Edo and which one is the one for Ridley without seeing it on paper, and similarly have to double-check that I have the right light blues and oranges.
Timetoduel3_x487.png

THE PIZZA IS YOU

Just so you guys know, this comic is still happening.

As proof, I am posting some work-in-progress stuff. Of older chapters, because SPOILERS. I'm running out of time before I have to go TA my first class, so there's only minimal context, sorry. I have a few more drawings lying around that I'll try to post sometime in the nearish future next time I have some time to kill at school (where my only fast computer is).

Some really early things, from Chapters 14 and 16:
Timetoduel3_xx82.png

(jumping is hard)
Timetoduel3_x109.png

(back when I was still deciding whether I wanted to emphasize the lips like in older artwork of me - I decided against it for subsequent drawings in the comic)
Timetoduel3_x125.png

Timetoduel3_x130.png

(experimenting with expressions)

Trying to get the silhouette from Chapter 24 juuuust right:
Timetoduel3_x242.png

The sidekicks about to have a car crash in 42.2:
Timetoduel3_x537x11.png

BMB from 46.1:
Timetoduel3_x658x2x7.png

Attempts at drawing 3K, from various panels, mostly in Chapter 46:
Timetoduel3_x641x647.png

DF, also from Chapter 46:
Timetoduel3_xx635.png

Other Chapter 46 WIP:
Timetoduel3_x635.png

(this took a few other attempts to get right besides this)
Timetoduel3_x636.png

(when this looked shitty I decided to not make the sky show through the disappearing wings)
Timetoduel3_x639.png

(before I decided to do the whole face instead of yet another eye-only shot)
Timetoduel3_x648.png

Timetoduel3_x652.png

Walkazo said:
The sidekicks about to have a car crash in 42.2:
Timetoduel3_x537x11.png
Me when I start driving.

School has stopped murdering me for a bit so I finally sat down to read this

you guys definitely need to finish it

I know it doesn't look like it, but we're working on accomplishing that.

We're approaching the finale, and we want to make sure everything is properly executed. I'm sorry it's taking its time, it's mostly my fault.

I just caught up on the last couple chapters. This is intense.

EDO said:
I know it doesn't look like it, but we're working on accomplishing that.

We're approaching the finale, and we want to make sure everything is properly executed. I'm sorry it's taking its time, it's mostly my fault.

take all the time you need, endings are hard

just hearing an update is good enough for me

And it's great to hear that folks are still interested and reading this story even after months of real life and other assorted commitments forcing progress to a crawl. Anyway, hopefully the finale will be worth the wait!

Also, this is a good excuse to post the last of the in-progress stuff from last chapter. One is just some rejected pics of me and 876 and a silhouette I didn't end up using for this shot (not enough room), and one is a bit of experimentation and practice for how I wanted to draw Rainbow Mario (since there was no possible way I could reproduce the original design by hand). Plus, here's an image showing what the permanent markers actually look like (I took a photo) and what the scanner turns the colours into:

Timetoduel3_xx637.png

Timetoduel3_x649x650x651.png
Timetoduel3_x637.png

Aaand that's it for me: no more in-progress stuff until after stuff is finished. Might be weeks, might be months - it's impossible to say, but however long it takes, we will finish this comic.

Walkazo said:
Timetoduel3_x649x650x651.png
Looking angry at an already angry Walkazo. I must be brave, stupid or suicidal.

Re: "I heard you have a dragon problem?" (Chapter 46 / 50) Update coming soon!

Salutations,

I'm posting here to inform you that the long, unannounced break is now officially over, and that chapter 47 will be uploaded some time on the 10th of March, 2015. That's in two days from now, in simple terms.

And because it took so long, here is a preview of things to come:

Timetoduel3_prev47.gif

Back