Freakworld's Let's Plays

I am doing video let's plays now!

• yay

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • who actually cares smh

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Re: Freakworld plays Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Rest of this is Blind (!))

No-Face said:
this game has terrible level design, just face it

Not the level design is terrible, but the ideas behind the game are utter bullshit to start with.

A Frank Clone said:
Diantha said:
You actually got that far. Congrats.
I'm stuck on World 1-2. The wind is so strong and I can't fucking move. I've been there for a year. Curse this game.
...You go through an alternate path to turn off the fan and then proceed through the normal path.
An alternate path? Where?
This game has a lack of direction, let me tell you that.

OF COURSE NOT... *weasel* *weasel* *weasel*

Hey.

I'm bored and I have nobody to talk to, so I've set up a chatroom.

#PM:SSchatroom <--- intelligent name right?

come there we I have drugs cakes and human bodies and I'm playing this game there that I don't want to call out the name of ever again.

MidnaFreak said:
Hey.

I'm bored and I have nobody to talk to, so I've set up a chatroom.

#PM:SSchatroom <--- intelligent name right?

come there we I have drugs cakes and human bodies and I'm playing this game there that I don't want to call out the name of ever again.
Bad joke.

UPDATE:

I've been playing some 2-5 in chat with w10, nsm, nsy and one other guy (2257 if I'm not mistaken).

Detailed results tomorrow but let's just say I died against the boss.

Lumastar said:
MidnaFreak said:
UPDATE:

I've been playing some 2-5 in chat with w10, nsm, nsy and one other guy (2257 if I'm not mistaken).

Detailed results tomorrow but let's just say I died against the boss.
I told you Egyptians like baseball!

yeah but i used it wrong and he still had 100 hp left

El LuigiNúmero1 said:
You're gonna love what you have to do to get to use Surfshine Harbor's eventual purpose. ;)

I already have the wheel for the boat out of pure coincidence lel

Re: Freakworld plays Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Rest of this is Blind (!))i

MidnaFreak said:
El LuigiNúmero1 said:
You're gonna love what you have to do to get to use Surfshine Harbor's eventual purpose. ;)

I already have the wheel for the boat out of pure coincidence lel
It's...hehe...a deviously hidden Thing that is required for an obligatory battle there

Re: Freakworld plays Paper Mario: Sticker Star (I'M DONE WITH THIS (not really))

DAY 9 & 10:

So I might do that thing with the chatroom more often. It was actually quite funny because a certain person there tried to tell me that Sticker Star is the shit. hey world10

Anyways, after being off-topic for about 30 minutes I have (with the help of W10 and nsm) actually figured my way through 2-5 (which by the way sets a new low for worst level ever in a game.)

But let's start from the beginning.

You enter the building and the first room you see is utter bullshit.

zlCfzSPuIBkmWheSlj

Precisely this door. This is the absolute last point I have reached during my first attempt at SS in 2012. Because I did not figure out how to get through here.

Turns out that it has something to do with the relative position of two items in the hands of two toad paintings on the left and right inner walls of the room. I mean WTF.

But don't worry, it gets even better later on. So after some pretty mediocre stuff, including unavoidable battles and obvious puzzles, and another door which now was ridiculously easy now, I've reached an elevator.

In the room this elevator leads to are about 20 beetles. That all attack you at once.

Me: "omgwtfbbq" Obviously I fucking died. And I had to fucking run through all 20 minutes of stuff I already did again.

And because I do not want to write another outrage here (saving that for later), here's a picture of one of the beetles that attacked me.

uiAc0jC.png

Anyways, after painfully walking back I unlock a "checkpoint" pipe in the next room. Well fuck you too.

Then the last regular room:

zlCfzSPvAlI5PwMbGO

Looks familiar? Fuckin' hell it does to me.

on a scale from 0 - 10 this room takes the diarrhea cake. So there are now tons of Toad paintings with items on the wall. Which means tons of combinations possible. Fucking great too.

IT ACTUALLY TURNS OUT THAT THIS TIME, NOT ONLY HIS HANDS PLAY A ROLE, BUT ALSO IN WHICH DIRECTION HE IS LOOKING AND WHERE HIS FEET ARE POINTING. That's the most cryptic bullshit since Castlevania II. I mean how many fucking stickers am I fucking supposed to fucking waste before I fucking figure that out (kudos to nsm at this point).

This is World 2 for you. Goes from a mediocre level that you can easily speed run (2-1), too an easy maze that's still tedious because of the amount of enemies that you can't avoid (2-2), to a REAL FUCKING MAZE (2-3) with enemies that you can't avoid, two exits, and a bunch of hidden goodies (two of which are mandatory to even be able to beat 2-5), to a proxy level (2-4), then back to 2-1 if you havent picked up the map part there, then to the port level because you fucking need the vacuum from there without any hint that you fucking have to do that, and then finally after obtaining fucking everything 2-5. And 2-5 is even worse.

After all that exaggerated bullshit. How bad can the Boss be?

Really fucking bad? Thought so.

He's a giant fucking pokey, and you're in a baseball stadium on top of a tower. I unfortunately don't have pictures but something very similar is right here:

modern-art.jpg
(note: i googled for "shit" and took the least disturbing image possible)

What you're supposed to do is to have the fucking baseball bat from a hidden room in 2-3 (i don't even), to knock all of his body parts out when he's fully emerged.

By a miracle I actually happened to still have that bat with me. Unfortunately my first attempt at that guy in chat yesterday failed, so I continued today.

Managed to beat that bastard.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAADtU2yUnJBYWg

Now World 2 was such a bad part of the game, even if the next world happens to be somehow better, this world just ruined the whole game's revenue.

NEXT TIME: World 3. Blind. And maybe chatroom.

2-5 is the single worst level in this entire game.

For the record you forgot to image the last one, and send me a PM when you're doing the chatroom thing again because that sounds fun.

Azusa Nakano said:
For the record you forgot to image the last one

Well yeah sorry I tried to make up for it with that shit picture.

Azusa Nakano said:
For the record you forgot to image the last one, and send me a PM when you're doing the chatroom thing again because that sounds fun.
Me too

Also, never played SS, and probably never will, but your commentary is hilarious FW.

MidnaFreak said:
Azusa Nakano said:

Well yeah sorry I tried to make up for it with that *bleep* picture.

No, I mean the last link with the royal sticker.

Azusa Nakano said:
MidnaFreak said:
Azusa Nakano said:

Well that's because it's a progress post and I never picture those.

DragonFreak said:
Also, never played SS, and probably never will, but your commentary is hilarious FW.

What a shame. And thanks.

MidnaFreak said:
Azusa Nakano said:
MidnaFreak said:
Azusa Nakano said:

Well that's because it's a progress post and I never picture those.

Oh, okay.

Re: Freakworld plays Paper Mario: Sticker Star (AS SEEN IN THE COMMERCIALS)

what commercials

what channels are they on

Nysic said:
what commercials

what channels are they on

my sig and also MJTV

>people saying 2-5 is the worst level in the game

Obviously you either gave up halfway through the game or didn't play through Long Fall Falls. 2-5 was one of the better levels.

Magolor said:
Long Fall Falls

I had a much better time through that. At least beating that level isn't cryptic and doesn't take you ages.

Back