CD I on Virtual Console?

Good luck hunting down a CDI. Nintendo refuses to admit they exist, so you'll need to get one of the original copies or a ROM.

Blissey said:
Good luck hunting down a CDI. Nintendo refuses to admit they exist, so you'll need to get one of the original copies or a ROM.
Problem is, last I checked, there aren't any good CDi emulators.

I hate Phillips Cd-i.

Why did Nintendo have to choose them over Sony?

And to think we were this close to Nintendo PlayStations.

We could have had Crash/Spyro in Smash Bros.

But Nintendo had to choose Phillips.

Which of the 3 games do you think has the worst cutscenes? I think Hotel Mario, because half the time they doesn't even make sense (toasters that are off don't toast toast), not to mention they thought Mario would be cool if he ripped off a song with his crappy voice acting. That's not to say I didn't think the Zelda CD-I cutscenes were bad, they sucked, too. I actually LIKE the cutscenes because they were so terrible, because of the narm in them.

Cdi games on VC will never happen.

And those Cdi games cost A LOT, not speaking of the console itself which is probably even costlier. Just watch the AVGN episode to see what I mean, he says how much he had to pay for the Zelda games there.

Magikrazy said:

Yamauchi disliked the deal because Sony had more control over the project than Nintendo.

Mario4Ever said:
Magikrazy said:

Yamauchi disliked the deal because Sony had more control over the project than Nintendo.

Sony demanded that Nintendo agree to terms and conditions allowing Sony to have full ownership and control of everything they made for the accessory.

MidnaFreak said:
And those Cdi games cost A LOT, not speaking of the console itself which is probably even costlier. Just watch the AVGN episode to see what I mean, he says how much he had to pay for the Zelda games there.

Didn't he have to buy three different CD-I's before he got a working one?

And I'm Javert said:
MidnaFreak said:

Didn't he have to buy three different CD-I's before he got a working one?

The third was the working one. And on that one only 1 controller worked or something.

Back