Yoshi's island

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
one of most coolest game I've ever played...via emulator.

ShyGuy27 said:
I've got the GBA one. And yeah, it is awesome.
^This.

I wish I had the original.

Funny story, my motivation through all of the tough levels was my desire to see Mario and Luigi's parents. (You'll get it if you've beaten the game.)

Free Loader said:
I have it for the GBA. I beat the game, but I could never beat all of the bonus levels. :(
Same'd

The original one was very good, but YIDS picked up a lot of what the original was lacking.

Stooben Rooben said:
The original one was very good, but YIDS picked up a lot of what the original was lacking.
Por example?

Toadbert101 said:
Dont have it. The graphics look like they're for a kindergartner. ^^
In a way, so is Super Mario Galaxy.

Halvin said:
Toadbert101 said:
Dont have it. The graphics look like they're for a kindergartner. ^^
In a way, so is Super Mario Galaxy.

Everything about the Wii looks like they're for a kindergartner

:/ I love Yoshi's Island, it's one of the only GBA games that I have not traded in as of yet

Halvin said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Por example?
I couldn't say for sure, but for some reason when I play YIDS, it just seems like it's a bit more...like more care was put into it. :)

Stooben Rooben said:
Halvin said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Por example?
I couldn't say for sure, but for some reason when I play YIDS, it just seems like it's a bit more...like more care was put into it. :)
Well... I dunno. More technology, more like. I dunno. I like both.

Stooben Rooben said:
Halvin said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Por example?
YIDS was too easy. I beat it in a hour. :/

Stooben Rooben said:
Halvin said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Por example?

For me it's the exact opposite. Whereas YI seemed to have the utmost care and detail put in the levels, YIDS pretty much took the "LET'S ADD LOT OF INSTANT DEATH AND ENEMIES TO ADD DIFFICULTY" route, and there was a lot of points where you couldn't go back to get an item because a gate was closed or other bs like that.

Blitzwing-2 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Halvin said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Por example?

For me it's the exact opposite. Whereas YI seemed to have the utmost care and detail put in the levels, YIDS pretty much took the "LET'S ADD LOT OF INSTANT DEATH AND ENEMIES TO ADD DIFFICULTY" route, and there was a lot of points where you couldn't go back to get an item because a gate was closed or other bs like that.
Yeah, too many side items to get, like the baby coins... were they necessary? No.

Stooben Rooben said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Yoshi T&G was better than YIDS.
I never actually got to play Touch & Go.
It's one of those games that you buy, play for five minutes, forget about for a year, and then start playing again when you get tired of all your other games. Still, it's pretty fun.

ShyGuy27 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Yoshi T&G was better than YIDS.
I never actually got to play Touch & Go.
It's one of those games that you buy, play for five minutes, forget about for a year, and then start playing again when you get tired of all your other games. Still, it's pretty fun.
Those are the kind of games I play for ten minutes and forget about. :P Still, I've heard it's a pretty good game. I might get it.

Back