Pacific Rim: Uprising

i mean this is concept art im sure the actual jaegers will look a little more funky

long as we dont have to live with shinji it will be a fine movie

First teaser, sorta in the style of a recruitment ad.

I need to see more to form a better opinion. My only fear is that these streamlined jaegers lose that sense of power and weight they had in the first film. I recently rewatched the original film and a whole bunch of behind the scenes stuff and I'm worried it's gonna lose that unique touch that del Toro brought. Watching him and the team design the kaiju and jaegers was fascinating and the put so much care into making the jaegers look, move, and feel heavy and the amount of detail put into the pistons and joints of the robots like they were actually creating a real machine was very cool. Del Toro also explicitly told his team not to look at any other sources when designing the robots. I hope this new team took the same amount of care when creating these jaegers.

GalacticPetey said:
Del Toro also explicitly told his team not to look at any other sources when designing the robots.

*except for neon genesis evangelion, apparently.

im just glad ellen mclain is back

this does look pretty different from the original, though i don't think that's inherently a bad thing. but yeah i trust del toro a lot more with a delicate movie like this

I just hope they're not ditching the two pilot concept. I loved that in the OG film and this film would be a great way to explore the Drift more.

Holy saturation Batman, those are some bright colors. I'm not opposed to it, but this feels a lot more more generic and a lot less del Toro. Glad to finally see some kaiju. Though I don't think I will ever get behind the new pilot suits.

I'll need to see more.

at the very least, there do seem to be some interesting jaeger upgrades, and fighting during the daytime for once is cool, so hopefully this won't suck

i'll hold out for the best, since the original definitely looked pretty lame in trailers anyway, but part of what i loved with the original was the color del toro brought to it, and this looks a lot less focused than his movie

Back