So I've had this idea

Lorenz Hellman Gloucester

absolutely the best boy dont even try to debate it
(don't really know where else i should put this)

I've been watching a rom hacking competitiom being held once a year(I think) at a fire emblem forum I've been looking around on. maybe this would be fun to do for this forum as well. what do you guys think? should this happen?

I'd participate as I love level designing but I don't know if this is going against the rules or not.

Pyro said:
I'd participate as I love level designing but I don't know if this is going against the rules or not.
well, there is the "no linking to emulators/roms" rule, but I don't really think this would go against that rule. at least i hope not.

that's wonderful news! also, the amount of people doesn't really matter right? the thing I was talking about also only has like 4 or 5 people who do this sort of thing, so i think it doesn't really matter.

Pink Gold Aregularforumuser said:
Pyro said:
well, there is the "no linking to emulators/roms" rule, but I don't really think this would go against that rule. at least i hope not.
if you wanted to link to patches for romhacks, that's fine. it's only linking to the actual rom that's a no-go.

Perhaps the game could be Fire emblem or super mario world. Also, if it is decided that the game will be fire emblem, I will link to a tutorial for people who want to participate, but don't know how to make a rom hack. I don't know if such a thing exists for super mario world though.

Lunar Magic. I've never played a Fire Emblem game before, however, so I don't think I could exactly romhack it.

Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Any Gen III main series Pokemon game.
That's all I can think of at the moment. I know many kther games can be hacked, but the 3 i listed are those I currently have the tools for.

Once I get the appropriate tools, Mario Kart Wii will be my main focus. Making models of Pokemon and Lapping Diggersby with a flying invincible Lilligant with infinite items would be my dream race.

Back