Pissed about Politics

Super Smash Misty said:
Infestissumam said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Pink Gold Fanta said:
And the worst part, for every single Australian (not just me):
No more free Healthcare.
I shouldn't even have to mention how terrible that is.
Can't be so bad; we manage without that here in the States.
Most American families are one medical emergency away from bankruptcy. I don't think that's managing.
Then my (extended) family would be bankrupt by now, but it's not. We're middle class. :P

Hey we can afford Healthcare so no problems here!

Pink Gold Fanta said:
Super Smash Misty said:
Infestissumam said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Pink Gold Fanta said:
And the worst part, for every single Australian (not just me):
No more free Healthcare.
I shouldn't even have to mention how terrible that is.
Can't be so bad; we manage without that here in the States.
Most American families are one medical emergency away from bankruptcy. I don't think that's managing.
Then my (extended) family would be bankrupt by now, but it's not. We're middle class. :P

Hey we can afford Healthcare so no problems here!
Good. Who cares about the peasants anyway. Let them eat cake! Ahahahah.

Looks like Labor will be blocking several of the budget changes:

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/budget-2014-reply-bill-shorten-says-labor-will-block-key-abbott-government-budget-reforms-20140515-zre84.html

Thank fuck for that.

Also fyi, tomorrow is March in May so if people want to have a bitch about the Government, tomorrow is a good day to do so.

You poor guys can come live in my attic

Also I'm having a huge shrimp dinner Friday so I figure Aussie+Louisianian+Shrimp=Best damn seafood meal ever

Now I'm wondering how Labor got the budget through for 3 years. I guess they didn't do anything controversial enough.

tumblr_n5yp0nlZzp1qd673co1_400.jpg

tumblr_n5yp0nlZzp1qd673co2_400.jpg

Purple Yoshi said:
Now I'm wondering how Labor got the budget through for 3 years. I guess they didn't do anything controversial enough.
They never did anything close to this royally fucked up.

Floki said:
You poor guys can come live in my attic

Also I'm having a huge shrimp dinner Friday so I figure Aussie+Louisianian+Shrimp=Best damn seafood meal ever
No prawns?

Sigh... unfortunately this has been going on for years, and the fact that the government are absolute cretins isn't helping. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to elect Gillard and Abbot? At least Howard could get the job done.

What's going to happen is that Australia will price itself out of the market. The car industry has up and left for Asia, where they can employ people for cheaper. Our high tax rates only mean that all corporations will just get fed up.

Unfortunately, Australia survived the Global Financial Crisis, but we're just too expensive for the rest of the world. We're lucky we have Asia to save our arses.

Pink Gold Giga12 said:
At least Howard could get the job done.
Pfft, the only good thing he ever did was get rid of the guns.

Pink Gold Giga12 said:
Sigh... unfortunately this has been going on for years
What do you mean years? Could you provide some examples?

Pink Gold Giga12 said:
What's going to happen is that Australia will price itself out of the market. The car industry has up and left for Asia, where they can employ people for cheaper. Our high tax rates only mean that all corporations will just get fed up.

Unfortunately, Australia survived the Global Financial Crisis, but we're just too expensive for the rest of the world. We're lucky we have Asia to save our arses.
Yep, all of this. Australia is just too small in population to support such industries without Government assistance.

Here's a really heartbreaking read:
Achievements of the Abbott Government To Date

1973 oil crisis, which caused oil prices to spike in Australia.

1975: Whitlam Government loses their seat as a result of being unable to manage the Australian economy.

The Australian Dollar's value has been going down since 1980 due to inflation.

Oh I didn't realise you were talking about inflation. Yeah that's been going up for ages.

Though the Aussie dollar has been extremely strong for years, especially after the GFC crash which made it on par or better than US. (I wish it would happen again, I want cheap Steam games).

talking about inflation, here's a nice chart to that:

http://www.statista.com/statistics/191119/chained-inflation-rate-in-the-us-since-2001/

Back