Net Neutrality

Amphituber

King Bowser

Bump because:

https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Website said:
The most important FCC vote of our lifetime is about to happen.

On Feb 26 the FCC will vote to save net neutrality or let Comcast and other ISPs create Internet slow lanes. Some members of Congress, on behalf of their Cable donors, are trying to stop the FCC from protecting the Internet we love. There isn't much time to stop them, contact them now.

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
I heard the GOP backed down and let Net Neutrality legislation pass.
Oh no! Now the government controls the Internet and will start censoring it, just like in China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*Shit that people that watch Fox "News" believe

I don't know, though I don't trust the United States gvmt to keep internet access unbiased, I guess I trust them more than I trust businesses.

It's really a shit deal.

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
I don't know, though I don't trust the United States gvmt to keep internet access unbiased, I guess I trust them more than I trust businesses.

It's really a shit deal.
You are aware that Net Neutrality is basically what we had in the USA since the Internet was created and it was only recently that ISPs were able to do shit like they want to do and all this decision does is go all "no you can't do that" and basically making it official, right?

i didnt even know this was going on to be honest

kinda... odd that i didnt know but even more odd that companies would try to control the internet though.

Gardevoir said:
but even more odd that companies would try to control the internet though.
not really, they're greedy fucks, they want to control and/or own everything

Back