You can now actually go back in time with Google Street View!

MichiganMarioFan

They're perfectly mismatched
Banned User
http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/2014/04/go-back-in-time-with-street-view.html

I'm not kidding either. This is an actual feature that was released just a few days ago, but it only works on the new version of the Google Maps site. This feature can be activated by clicking on a clock icon within Street View (if one is available), then the orange person suddenly becomes the Back to the Future character Doc Brown as a timeline with dots representing the available images in that particular location appears-some places (such as my house) even have images as old as 2007!

More info is in that article above.

Have you tried this feature yet (especially on your house, if available)?

I'm honestly surprised they didn't have this feature before. I always wanted something like this when they eventually update all the maps.

Heh, the 2007 map of my house has my grandma's car in the driveway. She must have parked at our house to go to the shops or something.

Lol, the 2007 map has my neighbour's old car, before she crashed it and got a new one. Every pic is from a different season so the tree out front looks different each time.

Back