Maleficent (2014)

So I just found the international trailer:

Unless the movie's a flop, which by the looks of it, it won't be, I think an Oscar nomination is likely.

So reviews are coming in. It's too early to say for sure, but it's looking like they're not too positive, unfortunately.

Damn it, Nabber, you piqued my curiosity, and the first review I found had a spoiler pertaining to why she does what she does.

yo, if you ever want to get the gist of reviews without spoiling the movie, just check rotten tomatoes without reading the reviews themselves

but yeah reviewers always go way too far in plot summary

hell roger ebert's reviews usually just summarized half the movie and then wrote a little comment at the end about how he felt about it

No-Face said:
So reviews are coming in. It's too early to say for sure, but it's looking like they're not too positive, unfortunately.
My newspaper's reviewer said the character Maleficent's awesome, but that the rest of the movie doesn't live up to her potential.

Morty said:
What I couldn't stand about Despicable Me, as well as The Lorax, was that the cute side-characters just fucking....were the movie. It felt like they were the movie. The Minions, the bears, just, so many close-ups and unnecessary interludes featuring them and their antics like wow just get back to the plot, keep the side-characters to an inevitable Nickelodeon spin-off. Also how Olaf was marketed to hell prior to Frozen's release and he ended up not really meaning anything in the movie except one touching quote out of nowhere near the end and a disturbing reminder that Elsa can create artificial life without even trying. Previews for Despicable Me 2 featured nothing more than animated shorts of the Minions like I can't even. Opinions.
Please marry me.

Are you pirating it or something?

Puddin_ said:
Morty said:
What I couldn't stand about Despicable Me, as well as The Lorax, was that the cute side-characters just fucking....were the movie. It felt like they were the movie. The Minions, the bears, just, so many close-ups and unnecessary interludes featuring them and their antics like wow just get back to the plot, keep the side-characters to an inevitable Nickelodeon spin-off. Also how Olaf was marketed to hell prior to Frozen's release and he ended up not really meaning anything in the movie except one touching quote out of nowhere near the end and a disturbing reminder that Elsa can create artificial life without even trying. Previews for Despicable Me 2 featured nothing more than animated shorts of the Minions like I can't even. Opinions.
Please marry me.

Join the party.

Back