FUCK THIS SHIT

Kyoko Sakura

Celestial Guide
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2580828/Could-soon-create-hell-EARTH-Biotechnology-let-extend-criminals-lives-makes-suffering-HUNDREDS-years.html

THAT IS FUCKING HORRIBLE WHAT THE FUCK

Dr. Roache? More like Dr. Alighieri.

<controversial opinion>
I find nothing wrong with this.

Some criminals are the worst scum imaginable and don't deserve "humane" treatment.
</controversial opinion>

Re: *bleep* THIS *bleep*

Although there are some criminals I've heard of who I hope rot in hell, this is just inhumane.

I understand their point, but an inhumane crime should not justify an inhumane punishment.

wow talk about a way to make the world creepier

perhaps i should start carrying a cyanide pill, because i'd honestly rather kill myself than be arrested and sentenced to eternal hell on earth

Aiko Heiwa said:
<controversial opinion>
I find nothing wrong with this.

Some criminals are the worst scum imaginable and don't deserve "humane" treatment.
</controversial opinion>

But who are "the worst scum imaginable" here? I think a certain degree of sadism would have to be involved to put anyone through (an apparent) 1,000 years of torment when the human lifespan is at most a tenth of that. Even among the most notorious people alive today, I can't think of many who have made others suffer for even that length of time. I think that the tormentors should not suffer any longer than the tormented have, and they should suffer only as the tormented have. To expect anything more is not justice in any sense, and it's not retribution. It's just glorified schadenfreude.

Ahh that word. It's just a bunch of sadists and psychopaths having fun on criminals, calling it justice. May this never happen.

Junketsu said:
But who are "the worst scum imaginable" here? I think a certain degree of sadism would have to be involved to put anyone through (an apparent) 1,000 years of torment when the human lifespan is at most a tenth of that. Even among the most notorious people alive today, I can't think of many who have made others suffer for even that length of time. I think that the tormentors should not suffer any longer than the tormented have, and they should suffer only as the tormented have. To expect anything more is not justice in any sense, and it's not retribution. It's just glorified schadenfreude.
Basically. I can't think of a single person in all of history who would deserve such punishment.

what a backwards idea of justice

no surprise when it comes from the daily mail, though

Dr. Javelin said:
Junketsu said:
Basically. I can't think of a single person in all of history who would deserve such punishment.
Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong

there's punishment and there's torture

i'm pretty sure this strays on the side of torture

sounds interesting to say the least

but it seems like a bit much

this seems like its crossing the line to brutality and mental torture

besides do tax payers really want to pay for those people for hundreds of years?

Why can't we use it on the good people instead of subjecting people to such torture?

Randy Cunningham said:
There's also some people in prison who've been falsely incarcerated.

So that's one more reason this would backfire horribly.

This was one of the first things I thought after reading it.

The other was why someone would think it's necessary to go this far.

I guess an advantage might be giving them a life sentence and getting through it in a shorter span of time from the perspectives of everybody else, which I guess could help with preventing gaol cells from becoming overcrowded. Also, if somebody kills multiple people and gets a life sentence for each, then they could actually live those out. It's not like they're mistreated in prison anyway (at least not in Australia, they usually get better facilities than innocent pensioners here) so it's probably not as torturous as the article makes out.

Um, guys you just realized that Daily Mail is a tabloid, right?

lol @ using f---ing daily mail as a news source.

Back