WHAT THE HECK?

I just got Sims 3 on steam, but every time I play it it just gets frozen in create a sim.

I've been playing it for like 4 hours and haven't even really started the game.

what's the big deal? I used a site that compared my specs and it said my computer if fine and should be able to handle it.

I just have no idea what to do I've already tried looking up stuff and I really have no clue.

Please help!

Make a backup of theSims3 folder in Documents\ElectronicArts to an external drive (or burn it on a DVD or to a flash drive)
Rename your theSims3 folder in Documents\ElectronicArts to Sims3_Backup
Start the game or the launcher (All your save games will be gone, your options will be reset to factory settings and all your store content will be gone. Not to worry, it's all still there in that backup folder).
A new Sims3 folder will have been recreated in your documents\electronicArts folder. Some folders might be missing for they are only created when you need them.
Quit the game and the launcher
Move the options.ini file from your backup folder to your newly created folder in documents\electronicArts\thesims3 to recover your graphic/sounds/gameplay options
Start your game. You will need to start a new game for the other one is still missing right now.
See if your error is gone.

Actually it seems to be working now that I finally managed to get out of create a sim mode.

I don't know what the deal was, but thanks anyway.

Back