Hatsune Miku and Future Stars Project mirai 3DS

Stargatedalek

What do you mean Im late to the fad? Thats my moe!
Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai is a 2012 rhythm game created by Sega and Crypton Future Media for the Nintendo 3DS. The game is a spin-off of the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA series of Vocaloid rhythm games and was first released on March 8, 2012 in Japan with no international release. Like the original the game primarily makes use of Vocaloids, a series of singing synthesizer software, and the songs created using these vocaloids most notably the virtual-diva Vocaloid Hatsune Miku.

275px-Hatsune_Miku_and_Future_Stars_Project_Mirai.jpg

not sure if anyone on here has played it, but I've watched some play through and it looks fun, I'm planing on getting it

the seller said it has no region protection and should work on any 3ds
or I could just change my settings to pretend I'm in/from Japan and possibly trick it if that does happen

could it work on a Canadian 3ds?

also thats kind of evil some games only work on certain nations versions, considering many games don't get international release

It only works on a Japanese 3DS, but I think it's only because non-Japanese 3DS's don't have Japanese compatibility, and because the game itself has no English features, it wouldn't work properly anyways.

I believe this snapshot is from Project Mirai 2nd, which makes me even more sad because

enxf8O8.jpg

Who could say no to that face ;-;

what possible benefit could even come from nintendo using region locks anyway?

Michell said:
could it work on a Canadian 3ds?
Canada is a country in America, so no.

Rin Kagamine said:
It only works on a Japanese 3DS, but I think it's only because non-Japanese 3DS's don't have Japanese compatibility
That isn't true, the only differences between region's 3DS's are some hardcoded variable telling the 3DS where they're from. They are otherwise equal to each other, also in compatibility.

but why bother to have region locks
is it so they can charge more for games in some places without customers just buying them online from cheaper places?

Michell said:
but why bother to have region locks
is it so they can charge more for games in some places without customers just buying them online from cheaper places?
It's an old school method to defeat pirates

Regional lock out chips have been around since the 1980's...In fact the Nintendo Entertainment System as well as the Super Nintendo both contained regional lock out chips

I didn't know that, the ds (and I think game boy) didn't so i figured it as a new thing for nintendo

and I'm fairly certain disc's aren't region locked, because I have a number of foreign games for wii and play station which all work

Regional lock out chips don't really work to prevent pirates anymore so yeah the Nintendo DS and game boy advance don't have them (the game boy probably does for it's early games since it was released when lock out chips were still somewhat effective) also I wasn't aware that the 3ds had lock out chips in it's games

apparently a 3ds game can be modified to remove the chip, but I'm still not inclined to risk it not working anyways after I buy it modified

Also this game isn't about Meiko so I don't really care

it has Meiko in it
AFAIK all the games star Miku, and feature Miku, Rin, Len, Meiko, Kaito, and Luka

I think this is the only vocaloid game not for a sony system, its a spin-off from the project diva series which were play station

Back