YoshiMonsta's Anime Review thread.

YoshiMonsta

Yoshi! Yoshi!
As the name entails, I will review animes. Rules:
Nothing with nudity
I do not mind cursing
I will only watch one anime at a time
I don't send reviews fast.

Soon I will give out my first review of the anime Sword Art online.

Requests:
Bleach S1
Lucky Star
Bleach S2

Currently in work:
Bleach S1

Reviews
There are 3 adjectives I would use to describe this anime. Funny, random, and annoying. I suppose for its genre this anime is one of the best. I laughed so hard at "Gay Christmas, I mean Christmas in France". There are several aspects to this anime that frankly, I didn't expect. I never expected Italy to try and conquer Egypt, and I never expected Canada to become a major character. Italy is one of the most annoying parts of the show. The most, is probably Chibitalia. With no real story value it is a bothersome and uninteresting part of the show. (Not to mention Holy Rome and Italy kiss). The recurring desert island scene really irked me. America could have at least chosen someone other than China on the 2nd, 3rd, etc. scene. Another part that irked me was Lichtenstein and Switzerland, since they provide no real story value and seem to be added in just for the kicks. But overall, I give this show a 9/10 rating.
I really liked this anime, with funny characters, good characterization, and a good story. Alot about this anime seemed kinda like a sitcom, with all the heroes and villains all sliving in the same apartment building. (here comes personal opinions) The biggest downside for me would be the animation. The animation could have been a good deal better, and the outlines were too thin. But, as you know, everyone likes their animes differently. (I nearly cried on episode 11, where everyone was leaving.) I also thought that some elements were predictable, and then the episodes about dreams and the brother soap opera came around. Not to mention the last episode where I saw Hiassen and Marenflower "die" in front of my very eyes. An element of the show that I wish would change is the lack of actual feel for the love story. When I saw pretty much every love scene I knew the general idea: Nothing real was gonna happen. The only exception was Azuka. In the pool episode I actually thought she was gonna kiss him. My overall rating for this anime was 8/10
This show has a lot potential, with interesting characters, and an even more interesting plot. The story starts with Kazuto Kirigaya (Username Kirito) being a beta tester for the MMO Sword art online. This game works with a system called Nerve Gear, with a helmet on you hear that simulates the game for you. This was the first day the game was released for the public. And Kirito, along with a few other people, actually know the way things work. The goal of the game is to conquer each floor of a hundred floor tower, each with its own enemies and boss. Then, out of nowhere, Akihiko Kayaba, the eccentric creator of this game announces that no one can leave the game. The logout function is disabled, and if someone takes the nerve gear off of you in reality, than you will die. Also, if you die in the game, you will die. The only way to win the game is by clearing the 100 floor tower (mentioned earlier). The biggest flaw would be the lack of character development within the show. Kirito is practically the goody-goody hero who does not care at all about his own wellbeing. One of the major characters, Asuna, a girl Kirito meets in the beginning appeared to have a lot of potential. She first appears as a hooded character that would rather die than live her life in a game where she can do nothing. Later though, her potential is found to be wasted. Her mysterious character is crushed by her random love and reliance upon Kirito. More on that topic, I cannot understand why so many hot girls would fall in love with antisocial game nerd Kirito. Pressing even further onto that topic, this is the internet, and hot girls would hardly need the internet if they were hot. EVEN FURTHER SPOILER ALERT: In the second major story part, Kirito’s sister/cousin/thing falls in love with him, once again, for no apparent reason. Over all rating 7/10

If possible please give out what website(s) the anime can be found on.

Dokkoida

Here (DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED, THOUGH A SUMMARY OF THE STORY IS GIVEN)
This show has a lot potential, with interesting characters, and an even more interesting plot. The story starts with Kazuto Kirigaya (Username Kirito) being a beta tester for the MMO Sword art online. This game works with a system called Nerve Gear, with a helmet on you hear that simulates the game for you. This was the first day the game was released for the public. And Kirito, along with a few other people, actually know the way things work. The goal of the game is to conquer each floor of a hundred floor tower, each with its own enemies and boss. Then, out of nowhere, Akihiko Kayaba, the eccentric creator of this game announces that no one can leave the game. The logout function is disabled, and if someone takes the nerve gear off of you in reality, than you will die. Also, if you die in the game, you will die. The only way to win the game is by clearing the 100 floor tower (mentioned earlier). The biggest flaw would be the lack of character development within the show. Kirito is practically the goody-goody hero who does not care at all about his own wellbeing. One of the major characters, Asuna, a girl Kirito meets in the beginning appeared to have a lot of potential. She first appears as a hooded character that would rather die than live her life in a game where she can do nothing. Later though, her potential is found to be wasted. Her mysterious character is crushed by her random love and reliance upon Kirito. More on that topic, I cannot understand why so many hot girls would fall in love with antisocial game nerd Kirito. Pressing even further onto that topic, this is the internet, and hot girls would hardly need the internet if they were hot. EVEN FURTHER SPOILER ALERT: In the second major story part, Kirito’s sister/cousin/thing falls in love with him, once again, for no apparent reason. Overall rating: 7/10
If your reviews would differ from this, let me know!

SAO is pretty good at first, but after he leaves SAO, things just FALL APART. They go into a different VRMMORPG. You after the terror he was put through he would stay away from them for a long time, but no, he goes into another one, that's not SAO. I think it's stupid. There are so many characters that are so meaningless to the plot. I haven't finished watching the series and I don't plan to. I've lost all interest.

I'd suggest Hetalia, but there are a few scenes where France has no clothes, but there aren't any private parts shown or anything. :P

Hmmm... How about Bleach? I haven't seen that one yet, and I was planning to watch it, so I wanted to see someone's opinion.

if not hetalia than maybe another, its pretty good (but I'd recommend hetalia first)
no nudity, not even the slightest, theres some cursing, but not much, and some major violence, all in all a great psychological thriller

(and I would recommend lucky star, but you can see that plainly :P )

I'd like to see how good you are at ranting about educational TV shows. In other words, The Super Mario World TV show.

If you mean a movie, then how about Bambi?

neither of those are anime though
well, Bambi is close to anime, but not really
kinda like Tron uprising, and dragon booster

thats what I meant
when it comes to any animals, theres really nothing else that particularly screams anime
I mean, most pokemon don't look very anime like
with animals they don't have to follow the standard anime style, unless they are personified, as in Bambi

Finished! :D Once again do not read if you have not watched. (Ps. I's starting to give a rating like 5/10, or something.
I really liked this anime, with funny characters, good characterization, and a good story. Alot about this anime seemed kinda like a sitcom, with all the heroes and villains all sliving in the same apartment building. (here comes personal opinions) The biggest downside for me would be the animation. The animation could have been a good deal better, and the outlines were too thin. But, as you know, everyone likes their animes differently. (I nearly cried on episode 11, where everyone was leaving.) I also thought that some elements were predictable, and then the episodes about dreams and the brother soap opera came around. Not to mention the last episode where I saw Hiassen and Marenflower "die" in front of my very eyes. An element of the show that I wish would change is the lack of actual feel for the love story. When I saw pretty much every love scene I knew the general idea: Nothing real was gonna happen. The only exception was Azuka. In the pool episode I actually thought she was gonna kiss him. My overall rating for this anime was 8/10

Edit: For Bleach I'm gonna do season ratings , like separate ratings for for season 1 and 2, in order to not hold up the thread.

Finished!!!!!!
There are 3 adjectives I would use to describe this anime. Funny, random, and annoying. I suppose for its genre this anime is one of the best. I laughed so hard at "Gay Christmas, I mean Christmas in France". There are several aspects to this anime that frankly, I didn't expect. I never expected Italy to try and conquer Egypt, and I never expected Canada to become a major character. Italy is one of the most annoying parts of the show. The most, is probably Chibitalia. With no real story value it is a bothersome and uninteresting part of the show. (Not to mention Holy Rome and Italy kiss). The recurring desert island scene really irked me. America could have at least chosen someone other than China on the 2nd, 3rd, etc. scene. Another part that irked me was Lichtenstein and Switzerland, since they provide no real story value and seem to be added in just for the kicks. But overall, I give this show a 9/10 rating.

Back