Banjo-Kazooie

Wayoshi

PM Pro
This game was at first considered a Super Mario 64 clone and disregarded, but later realized as an improvement upon the classic 3D game with clever puzzles, rich environments and engaging characters. (That was my own words, not a copy from somewhere else. :P)

What's your thoughts on the original BK?

great , great , game.... :wario:

That's how I got my 3D beginning... and probably my extreme quirkiness!

I've only played it briefly; my 3D begginings were Banjo-Tooie and OoT.

3dejong said:
I'm QUIRKIER THAN YOU!

:P

I'm also even more random then WarioLoaf. :shock:

If only you know me in person... :twisted:

Just rented the game, pretty fun, just got through Mumbo's Mountain, can't find the Honeycombs there, if there are any.

3dejong said:
I'm QUIRKIER THAN YOU!

:P

I'm also even more random then WarioLoaf. :shock:
Stumpers said:
If only you know me in person... :twisted:

If only both of you knew me in person in a crazy and random mood.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :boo: :boo: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

anyone notice: Banjo=Banjo (instument) Kazooie= Kazoo (instument) I know. random.

The Kazoo to Kazooie thing was based on trademarks. Yay.

By the way, Plumber, you must see me dance. To Shakira.

"Oh, baby when you talk like that, you make a woman go mad..." And then everyone's eye's bleed. It's pretty cool, really.

Tooty PWNs all.

I was still getting 'into' the SNES games when the 64 came out, but once I got a Nintendo 64, it was like on the 3 Christmas after it came out and my mother bought me three games to go with it Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie and that Clayfight game. So Banjo-Kazooie was not only one of my first 64 games, but also the first '3D' video-game I played

The Banjo games are the kind of games that I can play over and over again and NEVER get bored of. Right up there with Mario.

But only the N64 titles. The GBA ones are lousy IMO.

I'm bumping this topic because I've been watching Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie walkthroughs, and remembering why I loved these games so much. I want an Xbox 360 so I can play Nuts & Bolts, even if the game is mostly vehicles, and I know what happens in the end (it's kind of obvious). I read that the guys who made that game would like to make a sequel, but they still have the mechanic mindset, which is lame.

What's even lamer is that I read that Nuts & Bolts was originally supposed to be a platformer, but the worlds got so big, the decided to have Banjo ride around in some kind of vehicle to get around the world. And thus began a chain of events that resulted in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

Here's hoping Rare catches on that people want another Banjo-Kazooie game WITHOUT vehicles.

With that in mind, an idea for the next game's plot came to my mind a few days ago. It involves Captain Blackeye, you know, the pirate who was "seasick" in Jolly Roger's Tavern. As some of you may or may not know, he was originally meant to be the main villain in a game called "Project Dream" which was going to be made for the SNES, then for the Nintendo 64, then dropped and eventually became Banjo-Kazooie. In Project Dream, Banjo was merely a supporting character.

So here's my idea. Captain Blackeye is getting revenge for being pushed aside like that and kidnaps Tooty. The thing is, though, is that he kidnapped her back before Banjo-Tooie, and that she's been held hostage ever since. He left a note challenging Banjo, but it was destroyed when Grunty blew up the house. So she's been with Captain Blackeye all this time and has probably hit puberty by this point. Meanwhile, Captain Blackeye was at Jolly Roger's Tavern (whether he's really seasick or just drunk, it's debatable, but I think it's funnier that he's seasick), and when Banjo and Kazooie met up with him, he didn't realize it was the very bear he sought revenge on because he's just so sick to his stomach. But in this new game, he's had enough waiting and finally takes some action. steals all the Jiggies that Banjo and Kazooie collected in Banjo-Tooie and swipes the deed to Spiral Mountain! So Banjo and Kazooie set off away from the Isle O' Hags to chase after Blackeye, retrieve the Jiggies and deed, and save Tooty while they're at it.

Oh, and about Gruntilda. Yeah, it wouldn't be a Banjo-Kazooie game without her. I feel that she secretly impedes their progress from the sidelines, since she's still stuck on L.O.G.'s video game factory. She might even sneak in a game show near the end, somehow.

So, that's my idea. I've been dying to get it out there, so there it is. And, to finish off this long-ass post, I love you with this:

http://altermentality.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2q14sq

Back