5 Games For The Year Challenge

fantanoice

I can see through time
Pronouns
She / They
Okay guys,

I feel as though I wasted a lot of money the past year or so, so I want to make it right by limiting myself to only buying 5 games for the year. This does not include games I've pre-ordered/paid for, such as A Hat in Time, nor games purchased as gifts.

So, at the moment I'm trying to compile my list. These are the potential candidates for the spot, with finalised ones as bolded.

- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS)
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)
- Persona 5 (PS3)
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
- Super Smash Bros Wii U / 3DS (Wii U / 3DS)
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
- Yoshi's New Island (3DS)
- Yarn Yoshi (Wii U)

And here is my list of games I have purchased throughout the year to make sure I don't go over my limit:

So yeah.

I need suggestions about which titles to choose. What do you guys reckon? Also, do you think I've missed anything important?

Me buying 5 games in one year? I'm lucky if I buy 1. But here's my list anyways:

1. Ocarina of Time (3DS)
2. A Link Between Worlds
3. Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
4. Pokémon Y
5. Super Smash Bros. 4

Duskull said:
Kart 8 and Smash Bros. are a must have
The real problems with those are that I own many other games in the series and I don't know if the new additions will add enough to the experience to warrant the purchase over something like, say, Danganronpa which has a unique story and mechanics. They'd be good to ask people as gifts though because everybody knows what Mario Kart is but might not know what Danganronpa is. :P

I'll do it. Here's my list:
Considering:
Super Mario 3D World
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Mario Kart 8
SSB4

Any Professor Layton game.
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
EarthBound

Finalised:
1. Skyward Sword
2. Super Mario 3D World
3. EarthBound (This may swap for Kirby Triple Deluxe)
4. Mario Kart 8
5. SSB4

i dont even have a wii u

or a 3ds

or any ds for that matter

so heres my list

Wind Waker
Original Smash Bros
SMW
Skyward Sword
A Link to the Past

fantanoice said:
Okay guys,

I feel as though I wasted a lot of money the past year or so, so I want to make it right by limiting myself to only buying 5 games for the year. This does not include games I've pre-ordered/paid for, such as A Hat in Time, nor games purchased as gifts.

So, at the moment I'm trying to compile my list. These are the potential candidates for the spot, with finalised ones as bolded.

- Persona 5 (PS3)
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
- Super Smash Bros Wii U / 3DS (Wii U / 3DS)
- Yoshi's New Island (3DS)
- Yarn Yoshi (Wii U)

And here is my list of games I have purchased throughout the year to make sure I don't go over my limit:

So yeah.

I need suggestions about which titles to choose. What do you guys reckon? Also, do you think I've missed anything important?
These are the games I would suggest:

- Persona 5 (PS3)
- Super Smash Bros Wii U (Wii U)

I was going to suggest you check DR because I thought you were not aware of it and also knew you would be the sort of person who would liked it.

Yeah, I've pretty much settled in Danganronpa as well. Almost have Persona 5 locked in, but I want to beat Persona 4 Golden and Arena first.

I prefer Mario Kart and Yoshi over Smash Bros so that will likely not win a spot, at least not this year. Plus my housemates will get it so I can just play their copy.

As for Tropical Freeze, I really loved DKCR so it's probably getting a spot, just need to make sure I'm not filling up a spot that could be used for something else.

Oh, I almost bought the Humble Bundle yesterday but managed to restrain myself because of this. God knows how much money they've gotten out of me over the years. :b

Back