Don't Starve

Has anyone played the game?

It's coming to PS4 for free in January and I just want to know people's opinions on it. I saw some gameplay and it looks really fun!

does anyone think it's worth the buy because it's on sale

I love this game so much and you should all buy it because it's the greatest thing to come out this year.

It's a fun and interesting game. I say you should go for it, especially at such a low price.

Dr. Lucien Sanchez said:
It's a fun and interesting game. I say you should go for it, especially at such a low price.
Well $0 IS a steal :P

Jasmine said:
I love this game so much and you should all buy it because it's the greatest thing to come out this year.
Haha I should enjoy myself then.

Seems very unique. Can't wait to play it.

It comes to PS4 on January 7th so just a week or so.

when you unlock her, play as wendy

vgM0N6X.jpg

best character

also hoping this doesn't come off as bragging or anything, but Klei recently held a Kickstarter to create a Chester plushie. I backed them, so I'll be getting my very own Chester plush toy. Yay!

by the way just to be serious, if you are even just slightly faint of heart or just don't handle spooky things very well, just know that this game is a wilderness survival game, and even with its deliberately goofy nature and cartoon-y goth style, some themes in it are a bit... strange, to put it lightly.

haha yeah well if I suddenly disappear just know that Don't Starve drove me to insanity.

And Wendy is the one with the dead sister, right?

I don't have PS4 (I personally am not interested in it or its games) and besides, this game doesn't interest me at all.

^ then why did you even post in the thread?

i feel like i need to play this more, i remember it being pretty good but also difficult (or i'm shit at resource management). i think the farthest i got was unlocking, like... willow, the second character

New Super Mario said:
yes, she is fantastic in every way

Turboo said:
i feel like i need to play this more, i remember it being pretty good but also difficult (or i'm shit at resource management). i think the farthest i got was unlocking, like... willow, the second character
Even if you use the Wiki to find out what every resource does, you'll die a lot before you realise how you're supposed to survive properly. I'm on my 200th day in the new game+ at the moment, so eventually, you get used to it.

Turboo said:
^ then why did you even post in the thread?
The only reason it doesn't interest him is because it's not a Nintendo game lol

Jasmine said:
New Super Mario said:
yes, she is fantastic in every way

Turboo said:
Even if you use the Wiki to find out what every resource does, you'll die a lot before you realise how you're supposed to survive properly. I'm on my 200th day in the new game+ at the moment, so eventually, you get used to it.
How does she even use her dead sister though? Like what's the advantage there?

Abigail fights for you and can also distract enemies. She's very durable and quite powerful, which compensates for Wendy being weaker than the other characters.

Jasmine said:
Abigail fights for you and can also distract enemies. She's very durable and quite powerful, which compensates for Wendy being weaker than the other characters.
So basically, Eve from Binding of Isaac but not shitty.

Sounds good to me!

chillv said:
I don't have PS4 (I personally am not interested in it or its games) and besides, this game doesn't interest me at all.

Then buy it for Vita, Vita version will come out few months after PS4

Unrelated to the above; be warned that you're fucked the first time Winter spins around. And the second time, and possibly the third time as well depending on how fast you learn. You should be fine afterwards, tho.

been playing the shit out of the Reign of Giants DLC for this, and goddamn this is still an incredible game. They made Deerclops even harder to beat, too, just to completely fuck you up

Back