Soundless Voice

Star Spirit
Banned User
Does anyone know if it's possible get 5 of these little icons like this:

ysk5bwC.jpg
6yDSS9Z.jpg
fquK8fB.jpg
TuSuijP.jpg

(^Just examples; Not necessarily the ones I'm going to use)

Into my sig as a rotating sig without making 5 different rotating sigs? Or would I have to make 5 different rotating sigs?

Because I really want to make a rotater where all 5 of them switch out for different combos, but I don't really want to take the time to make 5 different rotators.

When you say "combo", I assume you mean one set of images will load, and that not all five are randomized. In that case, you would either need a funny server-side script to make multiple images load matching each other, or more simple, combine multiple images into one larger image.

If you mean just separate randomized images, then I can't say anything else then that you have to create different rotaters for each.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I meant the seperate randomized things.

I think I'll do that.

I don't know.

Basically, I mean five of these little icons like this:

iYdSnQP.jpg

Rotating out to a different icon each time.

So when you refresh, you get a different combination.

Every time you refresh a page, my avatar and sig change images. I used www.signavatar.com to make the avatar and sig rotations.

I know that. That's what I usually use.

I basically mean, do I have to make 5 different rotating sigs in signAvatar?

I don't know what you mean by five different rotating sigs, but basically you just upload an image to either or both the avatar rotation or sig rotation.

I know what she's saying. She wants to have 5 different rotating images in her sig. However, when using multiple of the url, this happens
28981_v.gif
28981_v.gif

They always seem to appear the same. And unfortunately, i think you actually do have to make multiple accounts, 3 if you want 5 (you have avatar AND sig pics, giving 2 each)

You'd need a script (probably in something like PHP) that makes it so every image only appears once, and they appear in a random order. It is possible but you'll need to either code it yourself or get somebody else to. You'll need to host the code on your own server because you can't just chuck PHP scripts in your signature.

Alternatively, you can try to find a random-sig site that lets you set it to a timer. Then, create the same rotating sig 5 times, but set them all to a different time, making it so you never see the same image twice. It's not as elegant but you might be able to get it to work.

Sno-Winger said:
I know what she's saying. She wants to have 5 different rotating images in her sig. However, when using multiple of the url, this happens
28981_v.gif
28981_v.gif

They always seem to appear the same. And unfortunately, i think you actually do have to make multiple accounts, 3 if you want 5 (you have avatar AND sig pics, giving 2 each)
But doesn't each one you make give a different url? :???: The site says it can host up to 50 different avatars and sigs.

@Fanta; I haven't been able to find anything like that?

Sno-Winger said:
28981_v.gif
28981_v.gif

They always seem to appear the same.
There is a solution to this problem.

Look at the coding of this:
28981_v.gif
28981_v.gif
28981_v.gif

Code:
[IMG]http://signavatar.com/28981_v.gif?ver1[/IMG]
[IMG]http://signavatar.com/28981_v.gif?ver2[/IMG]
[IMG]http://signavatar.com/28981_v.gif?ver3[/IMG]
Neat little trick to have a slotmachine with one image. Not sure if it helps Rin, but it might come in handy if you don't mind some doubles.

You know what, this is all really confusing for me. *doesn't know much on coding*

I'll probably just make 1 rotator with all the icons. *shrug*

This can be locked

Back