No Google sites loading for me

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
I basically just want to know if this is happening to other people or if it's a problem on my end.

I can't load YouTube, Google, Gmail, Google Drive or any other Google stuff.

They each appear to be working fine for me.

Weird. Maybe a modem restart will do.

It did. Ain't that weird. I guess this can be locked now, thanks.

Mine's working fine. Try a router reset or a computer/whatever device you're using reset.

This happens to me with Gmail sometimes, which can be annoying when I need to check for an important email or something.

But it happens on Yahoo! Mail too so it might not be only Google...

Like said above, try doing a system/device reset. Most of the time it works.

Restarted the computer and the modem, nothing happened this time. Tried on a different browser and it's the same. Tried on a different device and it's the same.

Then it might just be a problem on your end. It's working fine other than being a bit slow.

Are you getting an error message or is it just being so impossibly slow that it won't load anything?

How many modems do you have, because in my house one of ours improves the signal power as the modem can't provide to the whole house, so it might be the main one if you have more than 1

It's only one. It's fairly new, but I hadn't had any problems until now. I could always call my ISP, but I hate doing that :)

OK, I'm using a proxy and now I can access it. Weird.

I need to verify something from you because this problem happened to me last month.

Open "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" and open your "hosts" file using Notepad.

Is there any lines without a '#' starting the line? for example a line like this:

127.0.0.1 youtube.com

Kazooie said:
I need to verify something from you because this problem happened to me last month.

Open "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" and open your "hosts" file using Notepad.

Is there any lines without a '#' starting the line? for example a line like this:

127.0.0.1 youtube.com
Lol, I do this to block websites so I don't get distracted while doing homework. However, if you didn't put that there yourself then that's really alarming, because that means something else (perhaps a malicious program) put it there.

Anyway, to answer the OP, it's possible that you're having DNS problems. Try the stuff outlined in this article:
http://m.computerworld.com/s/article/9020261/Fix_your_DNS_problems

Back