Your Favorite New Songs of 2013.

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
List your favorite songs of 2013. Here are mine:

"Sombody That You Used to Know" by Gotye. I heard it first on Saturday Night Live, and loved it ever since. From the xylophone to the duet part, I love most of the song. Still obsessed with the song.

"Gone Gone Gone" by Phillip Phillips. What I like about this song is the drums. They sound great and pleasing to my ears. My favorite part is the bridge by far.

"It's Time" by Imagine Dragons. The lyrics to this song have a good message, and the instruments are pleasing. The beat is great. It is one of the only songs that almost make me want to dance.

Smaug said:

"Sombody That You Used to Know" by Gotye. I heard it first on Saturday Night Live, and loved it ever since. From the xylophone to the duet part, I love most of the song. Still obsessed with the song.
I swear that was last year.

Love Don't Die - The Fray

Duskull said:
Smaug said:

It was mid-2011 actually.

Anyway, I guess this year I got into Melbourne Bangers because it is hilarious.

Other than that, uh..
- Got more into Kpop
- Say what you like about Miley Cyrus but Wrecking Ball is still a fantastic song.
- not the best song ever but I really enjoyed Katy Perry's Roar
- I don't think it's his best work but I liked Daft Punk's Get Lucky

That's about all I can remember. I suppose my favourite of the year would be Wrecking Ball which I loved the first time I heard it, so haters can hate.

Also, Robin Thicke needs to be repeatedly stabbed in the face for his success with the rape anthem Blurred Lines.

i would say that blurred lines gets me more upset than it should, but i'm completely justified in my anger

anyway i looked through my iTunes and apparently the only 2013 songs I have are from the new Streetlight Manifesto Album, the new Homestuck album (what happened to those...?), Frozen songs, and Shingeki no Kyojin songs. I could've sworn there were more.

Oh yeah, I guess I really liked Shingeki no Kyojin and Free! songs as well.

I dont know.
everybody at school sings wrecking ball ironically, so i've been turned off any "pop" artists

Although I don't usually like mainstream music, I enjoyed Drake's 'Hold On We're Going Home', Lady Gaga's 'Applause', and OneRepublic's 'Counting Stars'

santanoice said:
Duskull said:
Smaug said:

It was mid-2011 actually.
Seriously? Ugh, my sense of time is so messed up. That's embarrassing.......

Nabber said:
i would say that blurred lines gets me more upset than it should, but i'm completely justified in my anger
This.

"Just Another Girl" - The Killers
"Valentine's Day" and "I'd Rather Be High" - David Bowie
"New" - Paul McCartney
"Counting Stars" - One Republic
"Swing Supreme" - Robbie Williams

I thought Imagine Dragons' "Night Visions" was from this year, but it's apparently from 2012.

Dr. Javelin said:
I dunno, my favorite part is the orchestra in the background.

Guitar part is of course cool too.
i think my favorite part is when they're introducing the Jaegers and they implement the style of music from whatever the Jaeger's home country is

Applause - Lady Gaga
ARTPOP - Lady Gaga
Brave - Sara Bareilles
Wake Me Up - Avicii
Still Into You - Paramore
I Need Your Love - Ellie Goulding
The Cup Song - Anna Kendrick (I know how to do it as well. ;D)
Safe and Sound - Capital Cities
We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus
Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
#thatpower - will.i.am
Get Lucky - Daft Punk
Feel This Moment - Pitbull & Christina Aguilera
Can't Hold Us - Macklemore
Just Give Me a Reason - P!nk & Nate Ruess
Heart Attack - Demi Lovato
Fine China - Chris Brown
Gentleman - PSY
It's You - Duck Sauce