Twilight Princess: Wii or Gamecube version?

So for Zelda, this is basically the last game I really want to try (other than a Link to the Past maybe, but I'd only pick that up if I get some eShop stuff or something), and I was wondering which version is better in terms of controls.

And in case you want to convince me to try some of the other games (I've played (not all completed): The Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Four Swords, The Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword)

I'd say go for the Wii version, if only because it's cheaper. The controls are fine if you don't mind a lot of waggle and motion (it was a Wii launch title, after all).

As for other Zelda games, I'd say try out Minish Cap. It's not the perfect Zelda game - some of the dungeons get kind of repetitive - but it really is quite fun and feels like a spiritual successor to LttP. The spritework is also very good, and the music is great for the GBA.

For Wii is maybe so cool by the way to make the slash or feel that you are link making the cut thing and that, but well, I don´t se a lot of difference

I've only played the Wii version. I didn't even know it was on GameCube until a few years after I beat it.

idk about TP since i've yet to play it

however as far as the other games go i'd recomend without a doubt to get ALttP

Twilight Princess was enjoyable other than the fact that all the bosses are easy and rather boring (except Zant, that fight was cool) and there are a total of two Darknuts in the game, not counting the Savage Labyrinth.

The graphics are nice though and the items are cool. Even if, as in most Zelda games, you will end up not using most of them.

BALL AND CHAIN IS SO AWESOME THOUGH

I've played both of TP on the GameCube and Wii, but completed it on the Wii version. Uh, they are mirror of each other. Why? Beats me.

Also, you haven't played any handheld Zelda games? Forget TP, play Link's Awakening or Ocarina of Time/Ages, or Spirit Tracks.

Colonel Harland Sanders said:
If you're left-handed, I'd recommend the GameCube version.
I'm left handed and I got though the Wii version absolutely fine.

Out of the 3D Zeldas i've owned, Twilight Princess is my least favorite (already made thread explaining why) but I still enjoyed playing this even though the combat and bosses aren't that great. Looking back to that thread, I do kinda regret saying some of things in that thread.

Types said:
I'd say go for the Wii version, if only because it's cheaper. The controls are fine if you don't mind a lot of waggle and motion (it was a Wii launch title, after all).

As for other Zelda games, I'd say try out Minish Cap. It's not the perfect Zelda game - some of the dungeons get kind of repetitive - but it really is quite fun and feels like a spiritual successor to LttP. The spritework is also very good, and the music is great for the GBA.
Oh, I forgot about Minish Cap, I've played that too.

Tbh, I didn't like it that much.

DragonFreak said:
I've played both of TP on the GameCube and Wii, but completed it on the Wii version. Uh, they are mirror of each other. Why? Beats me.

Also, you haven't played any handheld Zelda games? Forget TP, play Link's Awakening or Ocarina of Time/Ages, or Spirit Tracks.
Well, like I said, I'd really only get the handheld ones if I ever get some eShop credit sometime soon (and even so, a Link to the Past is priority). Spirit Tracks, maybe. But then that'd require me to play Phantom Hourglass (and is there another one?) first, and I just don't know if I have the time to play them.

DragonFreak said:

Also, you haven't played any handheld Zelda games? Forget TP, play Link's Awakening or Oracle of Seasons/Ages, or Spirit Tracks.
The reason is because Link is left-handed while most people are right-handed, so they flipped the game for the Wii so people wouldn't need to switch hands.

Also, fixed.

I've heard people say the GC version is superior because of the controls and because it was initially meant to be on that platform. However, if you don't care about that and don't mind a bit of slightly-off motion controls (which aren't too bad but fall far short of Skyward Sword's standard) then just get the Wii because it is cheaper and easier to find.

New Super Mario said:
DragonFreak said:

Well, like I said, I'd really only get the handheld ones if I ever get some eShop credit sometime soon (and even so, a Link to the Past is priority). Spirit Tracks, maybe. But then that'd require me to play Phantom Hourglass (and is there another one?) first, and I just don't know if I have the time to play them.
You haven't play A Link to the Past????? Forget Twilight Princess or any handheld and play that ASAP. It is a phenomenal game, and is #1 on the Top 100 Best Video Games on this once channel I can't recal.

Colonel Harland Sanders said:
DragonFreak said:

Also, you haven't played any handheld Zelda games? Forget TP, play Link's Awakening or Oracle of Seasons/Ages, or Spirit Tracks.
The reason is because Link is left-handed while most people are right-handed, so they flipped the game for the Wii so people wouldn't need to switch hands.

Also, fixed.
Ah, that makes sense.........*epic double facepalm* I HATE WHEN I MAKE MISTAKES LIKE THAT.

Back