Call of Duty: Ghosts

UltimatePetey

Go! Magnezone!
I don't know if I'm the only one who plays COD here (I mostly play Nintendo stuff, COD, and other random games), but Call of Duty: Ghosts is coming out tomorrow (November 5th) and I pre-ordered it!

I'm very excited, as it's made by Infinity Ward. I enjoyed the Modern Warfare series quite a lot, and after looking at the trailers for Ghosts I can't wait to play it.

Talk about Call of Duty: Ghosts here, as the game is coming out tomorrow, start to post strategies on gamemodes, help on the campaign, friend codes, recruiting people for your team, etc.

First question: Is anyone else planning on getting it tomorrow or sometime soon?

I basically boycott anything Activision related, but even with that aside it's a mediocre shooting game with a godawful fanbase (as in the people that only play call of duty)

New Super Mario said:
I basically boycott anything Activision related, but even with that aside it's a mediocre shooting game with a godawful fanbase (as in the people that only play call of duty)
are you implying something here

Aegislash said:
New Super Mario said:
are you implying something here
this is what I'm implying:

Sky_spyro2.jpg

New Super Mario said:
Also I felt the same way you did before I played it, it's really not that bad.
I'm more of a Nintendo guy than COD, I just think COD can be fun.

Aegislash said:
New Super Mario said:
Well, I have played it. I never said it was a bad game, just an ok one at most. just the fanboys that act like it's the best game ever drive me crazy (when they really have nothing to go off).

New Super Mario said:
Aegislash said:
New Super Mario said:
Well, I have played it. I never said it was a bad game, just an ok one at most. just the fanboys that act like it's the best game ever drive me crazy (when they really have nothing to go off).
Well, you kind of implied that when you said "mediocre shooting game".

Aegislash said:
New Super Mario said:
Aegislash said:
New Super Mario said:
Well, you kind of implied that when you said "mediocre shooting game".
No, I didn't mediocre MEANS "Ok"

2. not satisfactory; poor; inferior: Mediocre construction makes that building dangerous. Synonyms: meager, low-quality, second-rate; so-so. Antonyms: excellent, superior.

Edit: Let's just stop fighting about the definition of a word and how you implied it in that sentence.

Aegislash said:
2. not satisfactory; poor; inferior: Mediocre construction makes that building dangerous. Synonyms: meager, low-quality, second-rate; so-so. Antonyms: excellent, superior.
You're looking at the negative side of things.

The 1st definition says "moderate" quality. "not good or bad" (and the first one is always the more likely definition)

Aegislash said:
Let's just stop fighting about the definition of a word and how you implied it in that sentence.
It's kind of foolish for us to keep fighting about this :P

DragonFreak said:
New Super Mario said:
DragonFreak said:
I'm not surprised.
<3
:birdo: ,but seriously, Activision, for all it's worth, ruined Spyro. And there's a stupid Skylanders advertisement below this quick reply, and it's making me mad.
Yeah, I agree. And for you being a "dragon freak" I'm sure that makes you pretty angry.

Aegislash said:
New Super Mario said:

CoD isnt really that bad, but there are just so many better shooters(and a lot worse).

Personally its really only good with friends.

It's single player campaigns are usually pretty meh to be frank.

Unlike some of the shooters im used to(such as borderlands and deus ex).

Overall though the fanbases against it are very annoying and are basically butthurt that CoD has the ultimate attention in a lot of gamers.

Although CoD's fanbase is pretty annoying too.

Zae said:
Aegislash said:
New Super Mario said:

CoD isnt really that bad, but there are just so many better shooters(and a lot worse).

Personally its really only good with friends.

It's single player campaigns are usually pretty meh to be frank.

Unlike some of the shooters im used to(such as borderlands and deus ex).

Overall though the fanbases against it are very annoying and are basically butthurt that CoD has the ultimate attention in a lot of gamers.

Although CoD's fanbase is pretty annoying too.
pretty much this

although i think the modern warfare storymode trilogy was pretty sick (love me or hate me for that)
mw3 sucked as a game but the first two were pretty dope

black ops wasent so bad, i liked it. the second one was ok too i guess

ghosts does seem like just another cod though so i think im gonna rest on that

i think i generally just lost interest in cod when all these little kids started showing up and yelling and screaming through their mics and how theyd talk like they know all their shit like guns and all these things and make themself look "cool". also 90% of them think its the "best game/series ever" while they havent played classics like paper mario or something like that, and stick to just cod throughout their gaming life. it was nice when that rated 17+ label meant something because youd only get a few hooligans that rage over their mics and things like that, but most of the time throught my play time id meet some pretty cool people and really good players and it was a really fun multiplayer experience. i guess things change over time, and thats why im probably not gonna get this game.

I played Black Ops. It was fun, I really like FPS games that have decent online. I think it's the only genre that I get a sense of satisfaction out of having the best score or trying to be better than others. I'm pretty sure I lost all competitiveness about a year ago since I never care whether I lose or win nowadays (example: Pokemon, as long as I enjoyed the match I don't care for the outcome) but I can get pretty stuck on beating another player in these games.

I played MW3 with some friends, that was really fun. I haven't played any others, don't plan to either. I'll just rent Black Ops again if I ever want to play an FPS.

Back