Pokemon XY

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Yep. XY got an anime series as well. The first 3 episodes have already aired in Japan and dubbed. Episode 4 is supposed to air in Japan sometime today.

Anyway,

Ash met a Froakie, one that's smart enough to see through Team Rocket's disguises, followed by a Fletching, and Pikachu of course.

He's met with Clemont (who has a Bunnelby and Dedenne), Bonnie who's in a nutshell a female and less annoying version of Max. Serena will be joining the group as well and if the Japanese theme song is anything to go by, Clemont and Serena get a Chespin and Fennekin respectively.

Team Rocket's gone back to (temporarily) capturing Pikachu and they're more competent about it this time despite still failing. Wobuffet's back in Jessie's possession and James catches an Inkay.

I saw Wobuffet. I almost died in joy!

Edit: My Pokemon anime thread gets ignored once again.

I am still disappointed that origins didn't become a thing while ash is still a thing.

XY seems A LOT better than BW. No more Iris and Cilan to bring it down.

Serena reminds me a lot of Dawn, and I'm so happy that's in it. But with the Clemont/Bonnie thing, I'm getting lots of memories of the Advanced Generation. Plus, with the few episodes so far, they have managed to really show more emotions with the Pokemon instead of them just being only used in battle and having no emotion.

And yes, I've been waiting the Japanese version as well, so I know that...

Ash has Pikachu, Froakie, and Fletchling.
Serena picks Fennekin as her starter.
Clemont having a Bunnelby.
Bonnie is taking care of Clemont's Dedenne since she is too young to be a trainer.

Xerneas said:
XY seems A LOT better than BW. No more Iris and Cilan to bring it down.

fixed

Also, Ash has yet to do something absurdly stupid/noob-ish other than falling off that airplane staircase.

May someone enlighten me about what the problem with Iris is? I've only watched Best Wishes up until... uhh... I forgot. The ice gym leader?

I think the only problem with her is that she voluntarily caught Emolga, which... idk in what state of mind you'd have to be to do that. This is somewhat rectified by the fact that she also has Kibago, which is like, my favorite dragon type mon.

Gabumon said:
May someone enlighten me about what the problem with Iris is? I've only watched Best Wishes up until... uhh... I forgot. The ice gym leader?

She keeps calling Ash a kid and to be fair, his IQ did take a plummet, but she's acts like a kid herself too.

In short, she's being hypocrite and sometimes for no reason.

There's also the running gag among the fans of hating the current group's girl for replacing the previous one; people hate May for replacing Misty, people hate Dawn for replacing May, and people hate Iris for replacing Dawn.

Randy Cunningham said:
Gabumon said:

She keeps calling Ash a kid and to be fair, his IQ did take a plummet, but she's acts like a kid herself too.

In short, she's being hypocrite and sometimes for no reason.

There's also the running gag among the fans of hating the current group's girl for replacing the previous one; people hate May for replacing Misty, people hate Dawn for replacing May, and people hate Iris for replacing Dawn.

Well, I never hated Misty, May, or Dawn at all. In fact, I loved all three of them. I love Dawn the most, because she was a very interesting character.

I just disliked Iris a lot because she was such a statis character. Like, all she did the entire time was call Ash a kid (which is acted like one the entire series), had trouble with Excadrill and basically just yelled at him and did nothing about it, and then when she got Dragonite, she showed that she didn't learn her lesson, and did the same thing with him as she did with Excadrill.

The thing that bugged me the most was that when she did seem to learn a lesson, the next episode it's out the window. She never really was that appealing in terms of emotions, as they were mostly static as well. She was just a lame character overall, and definitely the weakest of all the female companions.

Which is why I'm happy that Serena is tagging along, especially with the background she has with Ash.

Bonnie is...

Hmm...I'm willing to give her a chance. She seems like a very energetic character, and is a bit annoying right now, but it's only 4 episodes in, so who knows where her character will be taken?

Back