Reminisce about your old Pokemon teams

Purple Yoshi

King Bowser
Talk about your old in-game Pokemon teams. Who was good, who was bad, who was a mistake and who was better than you expected. I'm going to go first to last game. Platinum doesn't count because I pretty much soloed it with Empoleon and sometimes Staraptor.

Soulsilver: I only used 4 Pokemon in this game, and boy was it a pain to train them up! HGSS can be such a tedious and difficult game to have fun in sometimes!

Farora the Meganium: Yeah, her offensive power was underwhelming, but she was still a good grass-type. I think I soft-resetted to get a female one.
Orali the Ampharos: How original. But, to be fair, she was necessary for a lot of the game, being the only one with reliable offensive power throughout the whole game.
Wavemaid the Vaporeon: Crap until I got Surf, really good after that. Necessary for Lance. Although, he only had Aurora Beam until Ice Beam in Kanto, because HGSS hated me.
Mozilla the Ninetales: I don't know what I'm going to nickname Fennekin now. Anyway, she had an Adamant nature. And THANK GOD she learned Flamethrower through Level-up, because you can only get the TM in Kanto as well.

And I think I had a Pidgey for Fly and an HM Slave.

Overall, it actually wasn't such a good team, due to Mozilla and Farora's lack of offensive power. Not to mention I had to get TWO evolution stones, which I had to grind at the Pokeathlon for, I think. Or maybe I traded them from Platinum because all that time I spent underground gave me, like, 10 of each.

All I remember is playing LeafGreen as a kid and trying to beat the Elite Four with only a Blastoise and an Articuno. Heck, I didn't even know the type chart.

I traded them (temporarily) to my brother so he could combo them with his Charizard and Zapdos to try and beat the Elite Four. I think he got as far as Lance before losing.

Then I got my Blastoise back and he had lost all friendship with me so his Return move was useless. I was mad about that for a long time. Oh, and he still had Water Gun because some genius at Game Freak decided that would be the only Water move he learns until level sixty-eight.

Good times, good times.

Black:
Royal the Serperior: I was definitely team Snivy. He was pretty good. I think Growth and his defences saved me from Elesa (oh, god, Elesa)

Seamonkey the Simipour: Fast and frail. Looking back, it would have been better to get a different water-type, but it still worked. And it could use both Surf and Waterfall well. I guess the Gen I starters in XY are going to act like the monkeys in BW.

Hitmon the Sawk: My first real blind Pokemon choice. I was just like "Oh, I need a fighting type for Lenora", and found it outside Pinwheel Forest. Then I found it doesn't evolve and it's base attack is already 125. Needless to say, he was a beast, even if his speed was average.

Heartchest the Unfezant: Just a normal flying-type. Unfezant wasn't anything amazing like Staraptor. Having a whole bunch of special flying-moves didn't help it, either.

Emo the Gothitelle: I knew it was a version exclusive, so I thought "Sure, might as well get it". It ended up being pretty good, better than I expected.

Arashock the Galvantula: Got it in Chargestone Cave and do not regret it. It was fast and powerful, and pretty much single-handedly swept Skyla's gym.

Also, did you know my entire team was male in this playthrough?

Skye, my buddy. I'll never forget you. You went and sacrificed your life for that sandshrew, that sandshrew will go on and defeat the elite four, and it will be because of your effort.

Yea I played a Nuzlocke game and I had this badass pidgey named Skye. He died while I was training a sandshrew. :(

white:
ham the emboar: god damn this thing was a beast. almost single handedly beat everything till elesa.
benji the stoutland: i admit, that wasn't the best choice, but still. he was incredible till the very end
rainman the seismitoad: this thing is the most ridiculous yet awesome thing ever. this thing..... lets just say he beat almost everything he faced.
slash the bisharp: good lord this thing took long to evolve. but it was damn. well. worth it.
pierce the unfezant: this thing was really not that good. but he was decent 'nuff till gym number 6.
rocky the archeops: basically unfezant's replacement.... he was incredible. he was epic
BEEAARS the beartic: i mean, this one was not that good, but he was good 'nuff. he destroyed gym 8, so i cant be dissapointed.

:'(

I just remembered my first ever team.

Brakizen. Starter, pity his defense is waaaay down.
Giratina One of the strongest. over 400hp, and has good attacks.
Laplas My water Pokemon! Use Absolute Zero!
Crobat The weakest, but by far my favorite. I use him to fly about.
Heatran I could do without him, but oh well.
6th one depends. Usually plant-type. Like the cactus guy.

(platina)

Wait, did you transfer your Blaziken from Gen 3 to use in Platinum? My cousin transferred his Pokemon from Platinum to Heartgold.

Black 2:
Honour the Samurott: Pretty average water-type, to be honest. Not amazing, but he got the job done.
Grassnana the Leavanny: That grass and bug coverage made him the perfect coverage to my rival's starter. Good grass-type counter, even if his defences weren't so good.
Polarity the Magnezone: This guy just killed everything. It made Roxie a complete joke, and it was REALLY powerful. And to those who care, I used the nickname Polarity before Marriland did it in his Platinum Nuzlocke.
Machwood the Conkeldurr: I knew he was good competitively, so I tried him out on my team. He was ok, but I think I'd have preferred a faster Fighting-type. He was defensive, though.
Jaws the Haxorus: I'd never used a dragon-type before in my team, so I decided to try it. Geez, they really were broken. When I caught Axew, it had Dragon Claw. That is literally all it needed.
Manor the Chandelure: It had a Jolly nature. Actually, I first got one with Adamant, then I tried again and got one with Jolly, and just said "Screw it, they clearly want me to have a -Sp.Atk nature. It took a while to evolve, which was annoying. It still was really powerful when it evolved, though. About as powerful as Polarity.

So I got through the whole game without a Pokemon who knew Fly in my team. Protip: don't do that. It's annoying.

Purple Yoshi said:
Wait, did you transfer your Blaziken from Gen 3 to use in Platinum? My cousin transferred his Pokemon from Platinum to Heartgold.

Black 2:
Honour the Samurott: Pretty average water-type, to be honest. Not amazing, but he got the job done.
Grassnana the Leavanny: That grass and bug coverage made him the perfect coverage to my rival's starter. Good grass-type counter, even if his defences weren't so good.
Polarity the Magnezone: This guy just killed everything. It made Roxie a complete joke, and it was REALLY powerful. And to those who care, I used the nickname Polarity before Marriland did it in his Platinum Nuzlocke.
Machwood the Conkeldurr: I knew he was good competitively, so I tried him out on my team. He was ok, but I think I'd have preferred a faster Fighting-type. He was defensive, though.
Jaws the Haxorus: I'd never used a dragon-type before in my team, so I decided to try it. Geez, they really were broken. When I caught Axew, it had Dragon Claw. That is literally all it needed.
Manor the Chandelure: It had a Jolly nature. Actually, I first got one with Adamant, then I tried again and got one with Jolly, and just said "Screw it, they clearly want me to have a -Sp.Atk nature. It took a while to evolve, which was annoying. It still was really powerful when it evolved, though. About as powerful as Polarity.

So I got through the whole game without a Pokemon who knew Fly in my team.

Aw hell, I confused. I never played it in Japanese, but it's the Gen IV fire starter I meant.

Ah, Infernape. That makes sense, then. My cousin beat Platinum with an Infernape and a Lucario, and then he transferred them to his SoulSilver game to join his team with his Feraligatr. He also used his Lv 100 Arceus (it was an event at my EB games store, and he just happened to come to Sydney when it was on, so we got it together) to beat the Elite Four.

Although, to be fair, he was around 8 years old at the time.

I don't remember my old teams much. The only Pokémon which stands out is a level 86 or so Feraligatr I had in Silver.

My Yellow team of doom:

Their nicknames are basically muddled versions of their actual names because I was under the impression that this gave them different colours in Stadium.

Chupika (Pikachu):
- Seismic Toss
- Surf
- Thunder
- ...something I don't remember. I know I had Flash for ages but I'm pretty sure I eventually traded to Crystal and had that forgotten.
Also made a clone and evolved it into a surfing Raichu who I left in Crystal so it could learn Rain Dance.

TWOMEW (Mewtwo)
- Psychic
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Recover
Freaking destroyed everything. I could beat the Stadium Mewtwo singularly with it as well. I never tried the Stadium 2 Rival but maybe I should.

Icunoart (Articuno)
- Ice Beam
- Bubblebeam
- Fly
- Bizzard
Basically killed everything that TWOMEW didn't. I remember playing it once and sweeping everything with her and my brother was like, "Your Icunoart is a big bully." I will never understand why Articuno is NU, she was always a beast in my eyes.

Tedragoni (Dragonite)
- Thunder
- Blizzard
- Hyper Beam
- Fire Blast
Also killed lots of things.

Dercharman (Charizard)
- Flamethrower (or Fire Blast... I forget)
- Fissure
- Fly
- Fire Spin(?) (I think, I don't remember).
Gotta have Charizard, mirite?

VAPOREON (Vaporeon - evolved from Stadium Eevee so couldn't give it a nickname)
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Rest?
- Ice Beam

These were all level 100 and I had a heap of others, but these were the ones I used mainly. Some of the others included Freebutter (Butterfree), JOLTEON, Eonflare (Flareon), Asaurbulb (Venusaur... I'm not sure if he got to level 100 or not, I know he was close anyway)...

Crystal:

From memory, these were my main guys (I think I got them all to level 100):
- Nurse (Blissey).
- Crunchy (Feraligatr)
- Ho-Oh... I don't remember nickname
- Lugia... I don't remember nickname
- Hooters (Noctowl)
- Ampharos... I don't remember nickname
And others I don't remember. I also forgot all their movesets.

Emerald:

Uuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm (Dustox)
From a Nuzlocke run. I literally spent three hours streaming my grinding of this guy so I could take down Roxanne, because she killed the rest of my team. With his help, I got all the way up to Watson.
I really suck as Nuzlockes, especially Gen 3. :P

Platinum:

No noteworthy Pokemon in a game full of nothing noteworthy.

White:

Squaggles (Scrafty)
- Bulk Up
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Rest
Ability: Shed Skin
Top tier.

I had a bunch of others I loved but I can't remember them.

White 2:

No noteworthy Pokemon in a game full of nothing noteworthy.

Have fun.

Iggy Koopa Jr said:
I had so many level 100s in Black 2.
really? i had none.....

i just completed my first ever nuzlocke a couple of months ago... it was pokemanz leafgreen.

R.I.P: catcake the caterpie: this thing had a short life, just like any other real life bugs. lvl 3 till lvl 4
goofy the rattata: it was meh. lvl 3 till lvl 19
charmander the wartortle: it was really sad this one died. it was one good venusaur. lvl 5 till lvl 22.
meh the geodude: it lived up to its name. lvl 6 till lvl 6.
mehdusah the ekans: this thing was actually pretty dang good. it murdered lt. surge which is a good thing. lvl 6 till lvl 19
nuptup the vileplume: awesomeness incarnate. unfortunately dumbutt's pidgeot took its life. lvl 9 till lvl 55.
smasher the persian: same as nuptup, but dumbutt's rhydon took its life. lvl 10 till lvl 60.
f.eevee the flareon: this thing lived till bruno obliterated his ass.
lvl 20 till lvl 57
packy the snorlax: died of leftovers. naw, but really, his death was pathetic. koga's koffings are not that bad, right?
lvl whatever till lvl 35
lily the ninetales: this one was awesome. dumbutt's venusaur just couldn't go down without a fight. lvl 23 till lvl 61
dumbutt the magikarp: perfectly resembles the person his name was based on. lvl 20 till lvl 20.
Magneto the magneton: this was a trooper. he almost defeated lance on his own. lvl idontknowanymore till lvl 59

Nuptup? How original.

In White 2, my Krookodile managed to take care of Iris's Haxorus with a combination of its Intimidate ability, along with Foul Play; while Haxorus uses Dragon Dance, Krookodile would turn its attack boosts against it. That saved me from getting crushed.

I'm trying to remember how I beat Elesa in Black. For the life of me, I can't remember how I did it. I know it took me many, MANY tries, because all I had was Servine, Simipour, Sawk and Tranquill. Tranquill and Simipour were weak to Volt Switch, Servine and Sawk were weak to the Emolga's Aerial Ace.

I know I had to use a Quick Claw and pray that it activated.

Hideyoshi said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Nuptup? How original.
ikr. i totally didn't name it after another vileplume in another leafgreen nuzlocke made by a pretty popular youtuber. no, that would be silly.

lol. I wonder how many Nuptups exist because of him now. But, to be fair, he did make pretty funny nicknames.

I'll just reminisce about the two I remember the most about.

SoulSilver: This was my first Pokemon game that I owned. I had played Ruby and Yellow beforehand but they were just borrowed (well, technically I own that Yellow now but who needs details) from my friend and family respectively. My team was and is still a mess, I tried to fix them up a bit by making their move sets more diverse and playing to their strengths but the levels of each of them are all over the place. Also, the moves may not be accurate.
-Typhlosion (Blaze) [Eruption, Rock Climb, Shadow Claw?, Blast Burn?]
-Alakazam (Lucky) [Psychic, Recover, Shadow Ball, Charge Beam?]
-Gyarados (Rage) [Waterfall, Earthquake, Surf?, Avalanche?]
-Lucario [Close Combat, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Extremespeed?]
-Lugia (Tsunami) [Aeroblast, Psychic, Fly, Hydro Pump/Dragon Rush?]
-Giratina (Dusk) [Dragon Claw, Earth Power, Aura Sphere, Shadow Force]

Pokemon White2: I'd played enough monotypes and done enough research so at this point I was much more informed on making a good/decent team for a normal run through the main storyline. But I still like to choose based on who I like and not who's strong. But I did end up grinding for shards to tutor certain attacks which really helps. This is also the only team of Pokemon that I've ever brought to Lv100, or any Pokemon period. It's satisfying.
-Lucario (Rio) [Ice Punch, Close Combat, Earthquake, Shadow Claw]
-Electivire (Michael) [Wild Charge, Earthquake, Fire Punch, Psychic]
-Vaporeon (Jordan) [Surf, Ice Beam, Signal Beam, Shadow Ball]
-Darmanitan (Victoria) [Zen Headbutt, Superpower, Stone Edge, Flare Blitz]
-Flygon (Seamus) [Solarbeam, Outrage, Earthquake, Fly]
-Zoroark [Night Daze, Flamethrower, Toxic, Focus Blast]

Wait, where did you get the Zoroark from? I thought you could only get those with the shiny beast event?

Michael Myers said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Wait, where did you get the Zoroark from? I thought you could only get those with the shiny beast event?
In BW2, one of the ex-Team Plasma sages gives you N's Zorua.

Ah, right. I forgot about that.

I hope I don't get bad luck with natures in X. Like I said, my SS team had really bad natures.

Dr. Javelin said:
All I remember is playing LeafGreen as a kid and trying to beat the Elite Four with only a Blastoise and an Articuno. Heck, I didn't even know the type chart.

I traded them (temporarily) to my brother so he could combo them with his Charizard and Zapdos to try and beat the Elite Four. I think he got as far as Lance before losing.

Then I got my Blastoise back and he had lost all friendship with me so his Return move was useless. I was mad about that for a long time. Oh, and he still had Water Gun because some genius at Game Freak decided that would be the only Water move he learns until level sixty-eight.

Good times, good times.
But there's Surf which is even better than Hydro Pump because 100 accuracy and 95 power> 80 accuracy and 120 power

Here's my first team in diamond.

Chim Chim- Infernape Lv. 57- He's now in my copy of White Version 2 at level 100. I love him so much! Also, he was my very first Pokemon ever.

Kazza (or was it Kazzy?)- Kadabra Lv. 42- He was really good even beating Lucian's Alakazam during the Elite Four, sadly I accidently forgot to trade him to my SoulSilver with Chim Chim before deleting my save file.

Superstar- Staravia Lv. 22- Wasn't that great since I overleveled Chim Chim and Kazza. Just hung around in my party.

Stupid (lol)- Gyarados Lv. 20- Caught him as a Magikarp (hence his name) and just trained him just in case technically I was right, but Stupid wasn't that good at all.

Dialga Lv. 50- Loved to spam Roar of Time with him but when I brought him to White from SoulSilver I think I traded him away for a hacked shiny.

And there you have it. My very first "team".

Back