SK talks about EB Expo

SKmaric

King Bowser
Long post coming up, keep that in mind.

So I went to the Friday Daylight session today and I'll basically sum up the things that I did today, keep in mind since I'm in Australia I hadn't played any of these games before at like, say, E3.

Super Mario 3D World

Much better than I expected, the controls feel better than in 3D Land and multiplayer is both great fun and chaotic, especially in World 1-5

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

I hadn't really played any Donkey Kong Country game before this so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect (shocker, I know) but from the 3 minutes I got to play of it, instant preorder.

Pokemon X/Y

Curse you queues.

Mario Kart 8

What happens when the demo is only playable within the last half hour before the expo closes and there is a ton of anticipation from the croud? You don't get to play it of course, but from watching it... man dem graphics. And also, I can't be the only one who's noticed the vertical splitscreen, a feature that was removed from Mario Kart 64.

Sonic Lost World

They didn't have the Wii U version, but I played the 3DS version, and I can say that Sonic has some sort of ice momentum going on, but from what I've heard this is only in the 3DS version, the Wii U version has better controls.

Skylanders Swap Force

It's Skylanders with a jump button. Well at least they listened.

Xbox One

Ehh, the controller is worse than I expected, and even though the demo was Forza 5, they still had the Kinect set up and on for every system.
XBox-One-Kinect-Sensor-Front-Large.jpg

Okay, I'm sorry, just stop staring at me...

Playstation 4

Queues.

Also, there were also a bunch of retro games, and for the heck of it I'll just list those I got to play that I actually haven't played before.
  • Super Mario All-Stars (on an actual Super Nintendo, I do have the Wii one)
  • Goldeneye 007
  • Hotel Mario (I'm not kidding. Amazing somebody brought it in especially considering the CD-i was never released in Australia)
  • Duck Hunt, the Zapper actually worked really well, probably because the screen was black and white.
  • Space Harrier
  • Outrun (Genesis version, I've played the arcade version before)
  • Rayman (the one on Atari Jaguar. Yeah, that one)

Back