Wiki Discussion: Signature limit

Dashbot

BREEE
Should the signature size limit be increased, reduced or left as it?

I would love them to be 20px height limit because of the default text size, so the line that contain the signature does not appear to be high or something.

Discussion is open.

I don't think it should be changed: the currently enforced maximum size, I believe is already quite fair.

Also:

Megadardery said:
I would love them to be 20px height limit because of the default text size, so the line that contain the signature does not appear to be high or something.
But the height limit is 35px. Though, in all due respect I think I might be misunderstanding something about your comment.

I meant: the height of normal text is 20px, so the signature should not exceed that limit.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

One of the best things about signatures is the flexibility of text customization so a name is instantly recognizable. Lots of alternate texts appear larger than norm text, and remember that the height is accustoming images as well ax text, and a 20px sized is a very small size. I think 35px is already quite reasonable.

Lol, my default sig only just fits in the box (User:YoshiKong/sig).

The current size is fine. Anything larger is unnecessary and clutters up pages, while making it 20px tall would be way too restrictive (i.e. if people wanted bigger text, superscripts or subscripts, images, boxes around the text, etc.).

Back