Which do you prefer?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

NSY

Celestial Guide
I really like both games a lot. Both of these game are in my top 10 all time favorites. But I have to go with Ocarina because of it is packed full of nostalgia, it's dungeons are amazing (especially the Forest and Sprit Temples) and it feels like it's a legend.

There was a load of things I loved about Majora as well. The game is massive with so much sidequests to do, the transformation masks, the three day system. However it's downside is that the game is very boring if you don't know what to do and the dungeons consist of two decent ones, one amazing one and one terrible one. (guess the terrible one guys) It still is my third favorite zelda game next to Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time and when I get a new classic controller, I want to get straight back to this game. (and Donkey Kong Country)

Both games' big sidequests aren't that great but Majors's one hit me in back and made me stop playing. Both games have amazing open overworlds. But the one reason why I like Ocarina of time more than Majora's Mask is that Ocarina feels much more like quest and it has no real boring parts of the game while Majora has a couple including that terrible dungeon I mentioned.

What game is your favorite.

I'd say Majora's Mask. its a really fun game in my opinion. and before any of you say that i am a hypocrite for stating that i find OOT boring but i find this one awesome, i will say that OOT just feels.... odd to me. i mean, it really doesn't have the good story MM has. and the music in OOT.... it just doesn't really do it for me. yet i do like the forest temple theme, the song of storms, the lost woods theme, and the fire temple theme. but i like all of MM's tracks. i do like how MM brought some tracks back.

Majora's Mask.

Ocarina was just too linear in it's game, really did have that interesting or that deep of the plot (the biggest thing was Sheik being Zelda and that was basically it) and there was like no side quests, so once you beat the game, there's nothing else to do.

Majora's Mask did a great job giving everyone more of a deeper background, and had a lot of independent plots within the plot, so each character actually had their own story throughout the game. There was plenty of side quests and a lot of interesting moments with each area. Plus, the 3 days made it for a great hurdle to overcome, but if you mess up, you can just redo it instead of suffering from the consequences.

I like Ocarina of Time because it was the game that really got me hooked to Legend of Zelda. I played Majora's Mask and found it interesting but not as good as OoT. inb4 oot fanboy comments

Majora's Mask.
Overall, a much more epic game than OoT.

Ocarina of Time. Not a hard decision for me, honestly.

Agumon said:
I wish I can give an opinion, but I haven't played Majora's Mask yet, it's on my top 10 games to play.
Srsly go play it. But make sure you play the wii version because the gc one has a sound bug.

New Super Mario said:
Ocarina of Time.

I thought the time system in Majora's Mask was just annoying, which is weird since I usually like time limits in games.

this is precisely the opposite of how i feel

Agumon said:
I thought it was for the N64. Plus, if it's only on VC for Wii, I don't have access to it.
There's a zelda bundle package for the gamecube that has the first two zelda games and Ocarina of time and majora's mask on it

Captain Strong said:
Agumon said:
I thought it was for the N64. Plus, if it's only on VC for Wii, I don't have access to it.
There's a zelda bundle package for the gamecube that has the first two zelda games and Ocarina of time and majora's mask on it

And it was for the N64, although you need the expansion pack accessory in order to play it.

majora's mask
the time system was one of the better ideas in a video game, next to the castle from suikoden.

Agumon said:
Captain Strong said:
Agumon said:
I might have to look into that. And when I say might, I say I have to.
It's a valuable collector's item by now, though :/

Gomamon said:
New Super Mario said:
Ocarina of Time.

I thought the time system in Majora's Mask was just annoying, which is weird since I usually like time limits in games.

this is precisely the opposite of how i feel
So you like the time system in Majora's Mask but usually hate time limits? :P

Well i hated oot and im quite interested in majoras mask(aka i dont have it, but want it), so not sure what to say really.

a pretty wurd situation

Back