Legend of Zelda games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyghoul

Peace be with you, whoever you are.
Pronouns
she/her/they
I'm thinking about buying a LoZ game since i've never actually played any before but i'm not sure if i should get Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword first.

So what do guys think i should get?

My opinion, out of those two, Ocarina of Time. Reasons: it's classic, it's longer, and it's harder. I like that last reason, but you may not. The way that Skyward Sword was built, it pretty much baby fed you. the controls are also a little bit easier, probably, depending on the version of OoT you get. I'm not sure about the controls or graphics of the 3DS version. SS is still good, but when possible, I love to play older games of the series first.

^I think SS was tons easier.

Cirdec said:
I would say Ocarina of Time because I think this game is easier
Agumon said:
My opinion, out of those two, Ocarina of Time. Reasons:[...]it's harder.
ok i'm kind of confused now

Agumon said:
My opinion, out of those two, Ocarina of Time. Reasons: it's classic, it's longer, and it's harder. I like that last reason, but you may not. The way that Skyward Sword was built, it pretty much baby fed you. the controls are also a little bit easier, probably, depending on the version of OoT you get. I'm not sure about the controls or graphics of the 3DS version. SS is still good, but when possible, I love to play older games of the series first.

^I think SS was tons easier.

Not the best board to argue, but in Ocarina of Time the final boss is a joke. I find SS bosses far harder, especially Ghirahim.

Yeah, I shouldn't argue. Sorry. I was half my age now when I played Ocarina of Time, and really haven't played it since, but I remember it being hard and it took me 2 years to complete.

Another thing to add, if there was an option for it, play the original Zelda game or A Link to the Past instead of either Oot or SS.

I like Skyward Sword more, but I'd say Ocarina of Time since you can get the 3DS remake (which is really good and more improved) and it's just more of a classic.

Cirdec said:
Agumon said:
Not the best board to argue, but in Ocarina of Time the final boss is a joke. I find SS bosses far harder, especially Ghirahim.
Yeah, I shouldn't argue. Sorry. I was half my age now when I played Ocarina of Time, and really haven't played it since, but I remember it being hard and it took me 2 years to complete.

Another thing to add, if there was an option for it, play the original Zelda game or A Link to the Past instead of either Oot or SS.
well tbh i don't care really about difficulty and the original Zelda and ALTTP look kind of boring to me

also does out of SS and OOT which one has a better story?
New Super Mario said:
I like Skyward Sword more, but I'd say Ocarina of Time since you can get the 3DS remake (which is really good and more improved) and it's just more of a classic.
i don't have a 3DS so if i do get it it would be on the VC

O_O said:
Cirdec said:
Agumon said:

well tbh i don't care really about difficulty and the original Zelda and ALTTP look kind of boring to me

also does out of SS and OOT which one has a better story?
New Super Mario said:
i don't have a 3DS so if i do get it it would be on the VC
Right.

Well, I have Majora's Mask on the VC and use a GC controller and it seems to work fine.

But the remake does improve ocarina usage a lot, and the water temple, but VC is the next best thing if you can't get that.

ocarina of time introduces you to the series much better, and will leave you a nice fuzzy nostalgia for years to come

Paper Jorge said:
ocarina of time introduces you to the series much better, and will leave you a nice fuzzy nostalgia for years to come
^this

Skyward Sword is amazing if you can ignore the small bad things about the game. (like the flying)

well since the majority of people here said OOT, i'll go ahead and get that

this topic can locked now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back