2013 NFL Season

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
The pre-season is already underway, and it's less than a month until the regular season begins. Who you got this season? I'm supporting my Raiders as always, but my hopes aren't exactly high.

2 more days

HYPE

I'm calling 160+ from AP against the Lions

0-4 in the preseason and cutting Jonathan Dwyer is not looking very promising for my Steelers. Seems like the AFC North is going to be Ravens and Bengals territory again this season...

Preseason can measure individual players' abilities, but statistically speaking, preseason records have no correlation with regular season team records.

The Lions went 4-0 in preseason before going 0-16 in 2008.

Yeah I guess so, considering things like that and that the Buffalo Bills beat the New England Patriots in the preseason last year.

GG ralph

Peyton F. Manning pacing for 96 touchdown passes this season

Also can we make the damn sports board already so I don't have to fucking search for this thread every time

Oh my god. 7 touchdown passes.

so-ravens.gif

Bills.
Don't laugh.
I know they have the longest playoff drought, and I actually know someone in Buffalo who doesn't support them.

It's worse here in Michigan; you can literally get shot for hating the Packers.

Drift said:
I know they have the longest playoff drought, and I actually know someone in Buffalo who doesn't support them.

Every football fan in Buffalo's least favorite team is the Bills.

this is probably a noob question, but why is the season only 16 games?

do the players really get tired that easily?

i know, but why?

like, why can't the season have 32 games, with each team playing their division-mates four times, and the other teams twice? or 64, with eight and four respectively? it seems ridiculously short as it is.

Think of it this was, each game is a week. Having 32 games is 60% of the year. 64 games a year, well more like 64 games over a year, would be ridiculous on the other extremely. Plus, lets face it, football can be a dangerous sport, and they can make as much money in a 16 game season as a 150 season of baseball. Proabably.

85 said:
like, why can't the season have 32 games, with each team playing their division-mates four times, and the other teams twice? or 64, with eight and four respectively? it seems ridiculously short as it is.

I'm just going to assume that you've never, ever played football in your life before.

The league has been considering extending the season to 18 games for several years now, but what you're saying is ridiculously out of the question.

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
I'm just going to assume that you've never, ever played football in your life before.

It seems like more of a never pays attention to/watches football than plays.

(how do i know, though? i don't)

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
85 said:

The league has been considering extending the season to 18 games for several years now, but what you're saying is ridiculously out of the question.

well I told you it was a noob question

thanks both of you for the answer.

If anybody's interested, here are the scores so far for Week 1:

Thursday (FINAL):

Broncos 49, Ravens 27

Sunday (FINAL):

Patriots 23, Bills 21
Bears 24, Bengals 21
Dolphins 23, Browns 10
Lions 34, Vikings 24
Colts 21, Raiders 17
Saints 23, Falcons 17