NINTENDO NEWS THREAD

Re: NINTENDO NEWS THREAD (NX: March 2017 GLOBALLY, No Digital Event @ E3)

Here's another Nintendo @ E3 hype.

ANOTHER ZELDA WiiU/NX ARTWORK!
CkbZGBPWkAAwEHA.jpg

Aaand Miitomo x LoZ stuff.
Yay?

eh

Well, the horse is nice...

also, a cape now? This is odd...

Re: NINTENDO NEWS THREAD (NX: March 2017 GLOBALLY)

Hopefully they will include the GameCube games on the Virtual Console. Pretty much the only thing that would get me a NX at this point, seeing that anything else I would want is not happening.

NX DIRECT?!?!

oh nvm just somebody random bumping the thread

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/07/nintendo_entertainment_system_nes_classic_edition_coming_this_november_ships_with_30_games

original.jpg

out of frickin nowhere

Nintendo is releasing a miniaturized NES that can plug into HDMI ports, bundled with an NES controller and 30 preloaded games (these are the only games it can play and are the only games being released for it, it seems. You can't use your own carts). The NES controller port matches the Wii U Pro Controller ports, so you can also use Wii U controllers with this and this new NES controller with the Wii U.

Balloon Fight
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
FINAL FANTASY
Galaga
GHOSTS'N GOBLINS
GRADIUS
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros.
MEGA MAN 2
Metroid
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
SUPER C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Goodness.

call me when we get a SNES version

"we ran out of ideas for games so here's a $60 collection of games you can get online for free and probably own anyway"

i wouldn't be so harsh on this if nintendo were actually on top of their game, but they're not

From a business standpoint, this is a great idea from Nintendo. The cost is low so they will sell millions of these, targeting at the customers' nostalgia. Innovation is not only making new things, but finding new ways to sell old things. And yeah, these are games you can play everywhere for free but damn, I would pay $60 only to have that Mini NES.

man this is like the walking definition of playing it safe

Ha, us Aussies get it a day earlier.

Samus Aran said:

i know, they should've put mega man 4 instead

Threek said:
Samus Aran said:

i know, they should've put mega man 4 instead

but megaman 6 is so much better

this is actually really nice thing from nintendo as it gives the modern generation a real chance to experience what gaming was like back then and should generate some income from nintendo that could help invest in the nx

this is cute but i'm not interested in it

From a gameplay perspective, this is a nice thing considering there's not going to be any input lag since you can plug in controllers using a cord. It's not enough to convince me to buy one, though.

I'll probably pass on this as well. It's a nice thing for people that don't have access to the NES, but I already have a NES and like half of the games listed. I might as well just find the cartridge of whatever game I want but don't have from that list.

honestly its a cute novelty thing that will definitely appeal to people who never got into newer nintendo consoles or emulators so good move on nintendo's part. i can easily name a few people who would want this even though i wouldn't, so its a perfect gift.

in saying that, i'm ashamed to admit that i really hope nintendo continues nostalgia pandering because i'd instabuy an n64 or even snes version even though i have like no childhood attachment to those consoles, only because virtual console prices are awful tbh

also thank you jeorl because now every time i think of this i think of those bootleg consoles with built-in roms

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/147450568790/pledge-your-allegiance-to-team-callie-or-team

heh

I think this console is mainly catered to those who don't have current Nintendo consoles, yet want to play old Nintendo games. From this point of view, it really makes sense. Then, of course, longtime Nintendo fans might buy it as well because cheap games + nostalgia, so it could be a double win for them.
I hope this doesn't mean that the Virtual Console will get even less attention, Bowser's Inside Story is still missing on Wii U and I don't have a Nintendo DS nor a 3DS...

Mini NES looks sorta cool. Never owned or even seen a NES, but I own most of the games on VC. Might get it anyway though, idk.

That mini NES does seem cool, but I already own most of the games on that list that I actually care about from VC, so I don't see much point in getting it.

https://archive.org/details/nintendopower

a bunch of old nintendo power magazines have been uploaded to archive.org and there's really neat things in them

NX is getting revealed...tomorrow

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/788900063833493504

7 AM PT? No way I'm getting up early for this :P

Back