Topic Vault

Ghost Jam

A call to action? A call to arms!
Retired Wiki Staff
I've recently had a number of people PM/e-mail me (why? I thought everyone liked Wayoshi better, but they never bother him.....maybe that's an indication.) about the sudden absence of the Topic Vault.

The purpose behind the Vault was to store unneeded spam, topics made by bots and topics that have just outlived their usefulness. Doing this makes it much easier for Mods to run though and see what needs to be deleted or merged or whathaveyou.

However, with the creation of the Junk board, there is now a better place to move junk threads to. Furthermore, a topic that was made on General Discussion that is deemed to be appropriate for General Discussion will will stay on GD after it's locked. Assume the same for topics made on all other boards.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Free Loader said:
Excuse me, but could you explain that again... Differently? By "Junk Board", you mean Mindless Junk... Right? So you send stuff there now? So everyone can still post in it? And we'll just lock the Awards board when it's not in use?
uh i´m dunno those threads and that got in the topic vault we can´t still post because they´re locked ???.

Free Loader said:
Excuse me, but could you explain that again... Differently? By "Junk Board", you mean Mindless Junk... Right? So you send stuff there now? So everyone can still post in it? And we'll just lock the Awards board when it's not in use?

Translation: Any mindless crap will now get moved to Mindless Junk. Any topic that got locked and are still somewhat revelant (Ex:An Help Thread whose question got answered, a discussion that derailed into a flame war ect) will stay on the appropriate forum.

...i think.

uh i´m dunno those threads and that got in the topic vault we can´t still post because they´re locked

wtf

Blitzwing said:
Free Loader said:

Translation: Any mindless crap will now get moved to Mindless Junk. Any topic that got locked and are still somewhat revelant (Ex:An Help Thread whose question got answered, a discussion that derailed into a flame war ect) will stay on the appropriate forum.

...i think.

uh i´m dunno those threads and that got in the topic vault we can´t still post because they´re locked

wtf
omg then why you did quote me???

Blitzwing said:
Free Loader said:

...i think.

Correct.

Although, for Help Threads, I tend to lock them after the problem has been solved and delete any trolling/flaming that might have taken place. I do this primarily because being a jerkass on the Help board is an auto one day suspension.

so that means we can´t post in those topic that did got to the topic vault i´m-a right???

Essentially, yes. If a topic was moved to the Vault, then it was locked, so posting wouldn't be possible.

For the record, all the topics that were in the Vault before it was removed were not deleted. Rather, I moved them to there proper forums.

Further, I've been getting complaints lately about topics being deleted and such, here's an explanation:

As recent as the middle of last month (or so I remember), we took to deleting any topics made by Rudnicki or his socks. Most of these topics were mindless spam, retarded arguments and random attacks. To give an example of how many topics we are talking about, I just ran through Off-Topic Discussions and deleted a bunch of topics, coming to just a little over five full pages worth of topics and I've not even finished with that board yet.

This was shortly extended to deleting any topics created by users who have been banned permanently, so, taking the above number into account, you can imagine how many topics were deleted (and are still to be deleted).

Explanation OFF.

Back