Guide Dang It

Boozooka

King Bowser
Uncreative name is uncreative.

This refers to gaming moments where you were just STUCK. No clue what to do, where to go, absolutely nothing. So what? Get out the guide. So let's share those moments, shall we?

SMT4, completely puzzled on how to get to the neutral path. Ugh, balancing everything out...

I did this when I activated the fatal glitch in Skyward Sword.

But I actually did this recently with Mario RPG. Smithy's castle gave me a headache.

Silph Co in Pokemon FireRed. Not only did I need the guide, but I also marked the warp panels so I knew which panel went where.

Poliswag said:
Silph Co in Pokemon FireRed. Not only did I need the guide, but I also marked the warp panels so I knew which panel went where.
No matter how many times I've played through that, I always get lost. It also takes me forever, since I need to battle every Team Rocket and Scientist there.

The original The Legend of Zelda really requires a guide if you want to beat it... Just recently I finally looked up a map online to find out where Level 2 is, and I'll probably need it later in the game to get to other stuff... Yeah with all the running around on the overworld I did I probably would have found it sooner or later (especially since its relatively close to the starting point), but I just gave up pretty much.

I remember getting completely stuck on Grunty Industries in Banjo-Tooie. The main entrance door is closed and the only way into the building is by using Chuffy to enter the factory via train station. Of course, I didn't think of trying that when first playing the game, so I tried everything to get into the damn factory. And the Train Switch in that world is so deviously hidden...

Paper Mario 2.

I had trouble getting into Hooktail's Castle. I knew I had to use Mario and Koops to hit the 2 switches at the same time, but I wasn't sure how to do it.

In Chapter 4, I was stuck on how to get the storeroom's key. I had to talk to Merlee (or is it Merluvee?).

Water Temple of Ocarina of Time.

That stone statue thing in Twilight Princess (where you have to move the two statues back to their positions).

First sword door thing in Ancient Cistern in Skyward Sword.

I never really used a guide book for any Mario games though...

Toa 95 said:
The original The Legend of Zelda really requires a guide if you want to beat it... Just recently I finally looked up a map online to find out where Level 2 is, and I'll probably need it later in the game to get to other stuff... Yeah with all the running around on the overworld I did I probably would have found it sooner or later (especially since its relatively close to the starting point), but I just gave up pretty much.
^
I literally found levels 3-6 before finding level 2.

Yoshiwaker said:
Toa 95 said:
^
Try doing that to modern Zelda games.

cryoAwakening said:

That stone statue thing in Twilight Princess (where you have to move the two statues back to their positions).
:???:

neither of those was that bad, i thought

Yoshiwaker said:
Toa 95 said:
^

When I looked at a map for the first time (quite a while ago) I actually thought I found Level 2 but it turned out to be Level 3.

I've beaten it now (not a long dungeon at all...), but that doesn't mean I'm good for the rest of the game...

Dr. Javelin said:
cryoAwakening said:

:???:

neither of those was that bad, i thought

yeah they're pretty easy compared to ice dungeon in lttp

that place was just.... too much

Hmm, nother one...the layout of every bloody dungeon in Persona 1. As if the game wasn't mediocre enough.

Back