Roller Coaster Tycoon

Awesome Koopa

Here's some text that's very personal.
This is one of my favorite video game series of all time. I just wanted to see if anyone else here enjoyed the series.

I remember playing RCT2 a lot. I never did actually complete any of the level challenges, though I had one of the levels with a ton of cool roller coasters. (I think the goal was to have a big profit from the shops or something)

So yeah, they're pretty fun games.

There was a time in this family where everyone was addicted to RCT.

I enjoyed them lots and when I got majorly bored I'd kill people in many ways. Like trapping them on a path then drowning them all at once.

I was never fond of RCT3 and never played it much... But the first two - especially RCT2 - I played tons.

Unknown Entity said:
There was a time in this family where everyone was addicted to RCT.

I enjoyed them lots and when I got majorly bored I'd kill people in many ways. Like trapping them on a path then drowning them all at once.

I was never fond of RCT3 and never played it much... But the first two - especially RCT2 - I played tons.
I will admit that RCT3 lacks a lot of the charm that the first 2 games had, but I like it anyway.

I was heartbroken when my old laptop wiped it's memory because I lost all my progress on RCT3, haven't played since. But when I get back to my house I'll hopefully install it.

New Super Mario said:
The Deluxe version for the PC was awesome. Still have it actually.
That one is my favorite of the series. Wonderful game.

All I've seen from this is Nerdcubed play a bit of the third game. It looked ok.

I got RCT1, RCT2 and wacky world pack, RCT3 platinum all working great

I'm creating EarthBound themed park right now in RCT3

I may play RCT2 if I can set PC games to Mac

I played one of these games one time

it was fun from what I remember

Roller Coaster Tycoon was a big part of my childhood and I have many fond memories of it.

There was this one time where everything just... worked perfectly, and I had a park that would make money faster than I could spend it. It was in that one desert level way in the beginning (my favorite one for reasons of nostalgia) with one pre-built minecart coaster thingy. I was making so much money that I randomly converted most of the desert into grassland.

It had also lots of opportunities for mindless, immature fun. You could do things like build a half-finished roller coaster, call it "Bathroom 3", and then watch amazed as you get a message like "26 people died during an accident on Bathroom 3". Or you could build a terrible coaster with lots of curves and stuff, name it after someone you don't like, and then listen to people saying gems like "Just looking at [name] makes me feel sick!"

Such an awesome game. I wish they'd still make expansions for it.

Roller coaster Tycoons was part of my early gaming and I loved it. I still do. Haven't played it in....5-8 years. But I always took it very seriously and made sure it was the best. Also, I would always pick a random guest and watch him for hours. Eventually he thinks: "I have the strangest feeling someone is watching me"

I grew up with this game series, especially 2. Oh so many memories. That's why I cried when I heard an electric guitar remix of the main theme of 2 that someone used in a video...if anyone wants the link, I've got it.

I never played 1 or 2, but I sure used to love 3! I made lots of parks, and roller coasters. Recently when RCT3 Platinum was 5 dollars on steam I bought it for a friend because they asked me to but I don't think they even played it very much. Turb, please post pictures of your park. :bowser:

i got rct1 in a cereal box a thousand years ago and thought it was cool, so I got rct1 with the expansions later.

AS OF YET I STILL CANNOT BEAT ANY PARK THAT ISNT FOREST FRONTIERS

AND MY MAPS KEEP DISAPPEARING

either all my saves vanish because I haven't played the game in a while or my park rating tanks at the very last minute before the deadline.

I bet I could beat some of them today though, so I'll have to get back into the game sometime

Only one I could beat was Forest Frontier and the first desert level. Almost beat Arid Heights, but my rating dropped down because people complained about the crowded park.......and a roller coaster crash happened like 5 minutes before the deadline....

So yeah, fun times.

Man I was doing blackpool pleasure beach this one time and the fuckin Pepsi Max Big One (biggest and most profitable coaster in the whole damn place) blows itself up by Year 3. Ruined my chances of winning that map

That also happened on Diamond Heights (I think that's its name? It was in the original 5 maps and had the theme park from the start). The big black roller coaster went and blew itself up and I couldn't figure out how to make it work again, so I ended up trashing the whole thing. The white coaster looked stupid and lonely from then on

RCT1 was eh with me. The rating was too loose, so a slight mistake could obliterate it. I admit, that's pretty realistic. But we played these games when we were young. Realism is NOT the thing most of us, least from what I have seen, enjoyed when we were young. Sure, it's still stupid, a coaster doesn't cost 5,000, it costs 500,000 (scenery and that fun stuff included) but eh, just multiply it by 100 and it's all fine. The parks had zero room to build in, so a new ride was difficult. The menus stunk, having to click through every single ride instead of getting a list where five or so fit in each row. By the way, rides were pretty limited. I'm not sure if this game had custom scenario, but I don't believe it did. Might be wrong. It's been a good four to five years.

RCT2...rating dropped slightly, unless you really screwed up, parks had space to kill, menus were better, there were a lot of different rides, and the CUSTOM SCENARIO! Oh I love custom scenario. THIS GAME WAS EVERYTHING FOR ME.

RCT3...hmm...not really sure. It looked decent in 3D, but it didn't have the same charm. I can't think of any massive flaws, but it's kinda that simple, not the same charm. Also it went slooooowly. There was a speed up option, but that made it much too fast. It's like, there's a middle ground that gave the older games good pacing.

RCT3D...revamped the whole system for the worst. Ugh I cannot describe how AWFUL this game truly is. You get nine custom coasters at a time, the coaster cam is PATHETIC, you gotta put the customs on your SD card, when the 3DS has PLENTY OF ROOM...the scenarios suck, there's a limit to how many stalls and rides you can build, which makes scenarios pretty much a mindless strategy (don't get me wrong, I love strategy, but with a limit on coasters, you're TRYING TO MAKE PRETTY MUCH THE MOST INSANE ONE POSSIBLE to easily pass), the money limits are either insanely loose or tight, the controls are confusing, the graphics are horrifying, the little music in the game sucks...it's simply a mess. This admittedly would have been fine as RCT3...but this is not 2004 for the PC. This is 2013 for the 3DS.

F*CK YOU ATARI

Back