The Resistance - Game 3 - Round 1 [Leader BMB Picking Team]

Rocker64

~Massive Fangirl
Hello ladies and gents, the government has done something terrible, something is wrong, and a Resistance has formed. This Resistance's one goal is to overthrow the government. Good news, they have ideas, they have organized 5 missions to help the cause, to hit important government stuff. Bad news, government spies have infiltrated the Resistance and their one goal is to sabotage their efforts.

Okay enough filler, this is a game of logic and cunning, a game of lies and tricks. In this game you will have to discover the aforementioned spies in the aforementioned Resistance, you will do that in various ways, first let me explain how the game works:

This game is a board game which I have modified slightly to allow for online play. The only major modification is that unlike with the board game, I, the host, cannot play.

Now after all the players have joined and we start, I will send you all roles, "Resistance Operative" or "Spy" and I might add some filler information because why not. Spies will be told who the other spies are.

Here is where round 1 will begin, there is a maximum of 5 rounds per game. The round begins by me having an announcement about the mission you are about to go on (AKA: Filler) and me appointing the first Resistance Leader. I will say how many players are going on this mission and the Leader will choose who these players are. The entire Resistance will then vote and discuss if they agree with these choices. If the majority agrees, the mission will continue, if the majority is no, or it is tied, the Leader will have to pass and the next person in line becomes Leader. Rinse and repeat until the Resistance agrees to the selection. If the Leader is denied 5 times in a row, the spies will automatically win because the Resistance can't pull itself together.

Once the team is decided, any spies on the team will be asked whether or not they want to sabotage the mission. For most missions, if I receive a single "Yes" from the spies, the mission fails. If there are no spies, or all the spies say no, the mission is a success.

Mission Success = Point to Resistance
Mission Failure = Point to Spies

Round 2 will be the same thing, same as Round 3-5, the game will end when one alignment reaches 3 points.

As a operative you need to pay attention and use logic to find the spies and keep them out of the missions, as their is no elimination, the spies stay in the game forever.

Quick Tip for Operatives:
This game has certain parallels to mafia, but there are no power roles here people, the leader's choices, how people act, how people vote, why the mission failed, things like that will help you find the spies and allow you to win. Observe the other players, question suspicious people/actions, truth no one/

Quick Tip for Spies:
In your role, you will be told who the other spies are, you need to act like you don't know this information. You need to fake being clueless. You also cannot communicate with your partner privately, which is a hurdle you must try to get over. Also you need to be careful with sabotaging missions, need to know when to, and when not too, especially when you are in a mission with another spy. If it is revealed that 2 people sabotaged the mission (and if 2 people do, it will be revealed) then there will be different accusations, suspicions and reactions then if only one came up, or if none came up.

Also, there are other things you could add to make the game more interesting, you could very easily add a theme to the game, or change it so it isn't a Resistance Vs Spies game, because the original version was something along the lines of Mercs Vs Goblins and there was a player who was Merlin, which I won't explain right now. There is also something called "Plot Cards" in the expansion pack of the game which i have yet to look into. If this game is well received, I will look into this things for a second game. IF this game is well received.

1. There will be no private discussion, unless you are talking to me. All discussion spies and operatives alike must stay in the thread.
2. Don't ruin this for others, even if you are bad at this, try, don't give up and kill the game.
3. Be active, this is the most important rule, and if you break this rule, you already lost. Now of course, being silent and trying to avoid discussion is a strategy, but the game is built on discussion so this is HIGHLY discouraged , and when the time comes to vote or sabotage the mission or whatever, respond. Play the goddamn game, if you aren't willing to be active and play and discuss, DON'T JOIN.

That is the game folks. Post something in bold to signify that you are joining. I need 5 people minimum. If you are confused about anything please ask.

Players:
Host: Rocker64
1. GD
2. NSM
3. Bowser45
4.Cirdec
5. Toad Eightyfive
6. BMB

MISSIONS:
Mission 1:
Leader: GD
Proposed Team: GD and Cirdec
Votes: Yes - Toad, Cirdec, B45, NSM
Successful

Mission 2:
Leader: NSM
Proposed Team: NSM, B45, Toad
Votes: Yes - Toad, Cirdec, B45, GD
Failure

Mission 3
Leader: B45
Proposed Team: B45, Cirdec, NSM, GD
Votes: Yes - Toad, Cirdec, NSM, BMB
Failure

Mission 4:
Leader: Cirdec
Proposed Team: Cirdec, GD, BMB
Votes: Yes - B45, NSM, BMB
FAILURE

Players:
1. Tantusar
2. Cirdec
3. NSM
4. Toad85
5. BMB
6. Nabber

7. Epic Nitwit
8. Bowser45

MISSIONS:
Mission 1:
Leader: Tantusaur
Proposed Team: Tantusaur, Nabber, And Bowser45
Votes: Yes - Cirdec, Nabber, Bowser45, Nitwit, NSM, Toad85, BMB
Failure

Mission 2:
Leader: Cirdec
Proposed Team: Cirdec, NSM, Nitwit, Tantusaur
Votes: Yes - BMB. Tant, NSM, Nabber, B45, Toad
Success

Mission 3:
Leader: NSM
Proposed Team: NSM, Nabber, B45, BMB
Votes: No - Cirdec, Nabber, Toad, BMB, B45, Nitwit

Leader: Toad85
Proposed Team: Toad, Tantusaur, Cirdec, BMB
Votes: Yes - NSM, Cirdec, Nitwit, BMB, Nabber
Success

Mission 4:
Leader: BMB
Proposed Team: BMB, Cirdec, Tantusar, Toad, Nabber
Votes: Yes - Nabber, Cirdec, Toad, B45
No - Tantusar
SUCCESS

Players:
1. MCD
2. BMB - Leader
3. Icemario
4. Tant
5. DF
6. GKI

MISSIONS:
Mission 1:
Leader: MCD
Proposed Team: MCD and Icemario
Votes:
Yes - GKI, Tant, BMB, DF, Icey
Success

Mission 2:
Leader: BMB
Proposed Team:
Votes:

Re: The Resistance - Requires 5 Players Minimum

Sounds interesting.

Should I put this under the "User Game Shows" thread or something else?"

Toad Eightyfive said:
Should I put this under the "User Game Shows" thread or something else?"

It isn't really a game show, but you can add it to that thread.

Thanks for joining, the two of you. =D

Re: The Resistance - Requires 3 More Players Minimum

New Super Mario said:
I'm not sure if I understand it.

If you would be so kind as to tell me what you are confused about I will gladly explain it to you.

Thanks for joining, Cirdec.

Re: The Resistance - Requires 2 More Players Minimum

Crap...

Of course you would make a forum game. I have WAY too much fun with these games. That's why I need to stay away from online gaming...

...but we know I can't do that. Sign me up.

Re: The Resistance - 5 Sign-Ups Open

Okay, that is everyone i need, I'll leave sign-ups open for 24 hours, and the game will start tomorrow, on my birthday. =D

Re: The Resistance - 4 Sign-Ups Open

So I think that is all the sign-ups I'll get so but I won't lock sign-ups until I send out the roles...

I will be sending your roles, (Operative or Spy) when I wake up tomorrow, and the game will begin after everyone has confirmed them.

Re: The Resistance - Confirm Roles

All roles have been sent, please confirm them so I know they have been seen, and then we can start the game.

role on the floor laughing get

That would be everyone.

Important Notice: 4 of you are legitimate Operatives, 2 of you are Spies disguised as Operatives.

ROUND 1
The first meeting of the Resistance to discuss our first important mission, it was going perfectly fine until my Lt. informed of some terrible news. I sadly had to tell the team this, "There are spies among us. There are 6 of you infront of me right now, 2 of you are spies sent from the government to destroy us, Resistance, remember your goal, and don't let these spies be successful."

"Now for your first mission, we have located a weakly guarded supply truck delivering supplies to a offsite military base. We don't know what this base is, or what this truck is delivering exactly, your mission is to go to this location, and answer these questions, and if need be, destroy and/or steal the supplies."

The person in command for this mission is: Time Turner, only 2 operatives will be going on this mission, you may now choose who these Operatives will be. (Just post who you want to go on the mission, and yes you can include yourself. ) After these members are revealed the players will be able to vote whether they agree or not. (You do not need to wait for me to start voting, after GD posts his chooses, you may begin) (However you don't need to wait for anyone to begin discussion.)

NOW LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

Re: The Resistance - Mission 1 - GD is Leader

Hmm... For this challenge, I propose for myself and Cirdec to complete this mission. Any objections?

Re: The Resistance - Mission 1 - GD is Leader

Vote:Yes

Back