Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Awards Committee
'Shroom Consultant
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Smasher
So I plan on getting a new 3DS game soon, and there's three that I'd like to get: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Unless it suddenly rains money though, I'm only going to be able to get one for now. So, for those that have played one or more of these, which would you recommend? If there's a different one that you would like to suggest, feel free to mention it.

I'll list the games that I already have for those that do want to mention something not on the poll:

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Pokémon Rumble Blast
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Tennis Open

I will most likely get it on my birthday (the 14th), so I'll leave the poll up until then.

Fire Emblem.

all day every day

I'd recommend all three, honestly. But let's choose one like suggested.

I haven't played Awakening(only the demo) but I'd say go for that. It'll keep you occupied for a while.

AC can be extremely addictive but it seems to wear off on you quickly.(through my experience with AC, anyway)

From your three suggestions I only played Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon.
If you can play online mode then I highly recommend it.

I love all of those games, but Fire Emblem: Awakening. Probably the best made Fire Emblem game to date, lots of long gameplay, where as Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is shorter (but still awesome compared to recent Mario games). Plus New Leaf takes some commitment, so don't get it if you can't do that.

I've heard a lot of good things about Awakening. I haven't played it or Animal Crossing though. I have Dark Moon and it's fun.

Awakening is my favorite 3DS title to date.
However, New Leaf is great for a long time of playing.

personally i like awakening a lot so naturally i recommend it.

plus the supports are hilarious.

Well, I got lucky and was able to buy one tonight after all. I picked Fire Emblem Awakening. I should still be able to get one of the others on my birthday though so I'll leave this up with the other two.

Smasher said:
Well, I got lucky and was able to buy one tonight after all. I picked Fire Emblem Awakening. I should still be able to get one of the others on my birthday though so I'll leave this up with the other two.
Have you played FE before? Because you have Marth in your signature.

Yes, I have every localized game except for Radiant Dawn.

Dark Moon is the best option after that.

I've heard you are not a big fan of the MC games, am I right?

NSY said:
I've heard you are not a big fan of the MC games, am I right?

I could just be dumb but what exactly does MC stand for? unless you meant AC for Animal Crossing?

Thought about it but I'm pretty sure that he knows that I like some of the Mario Kart games.

Assuming that he meant Animal Crossing, I didn't like Wild World and City Folk was just ok. But the original is one of my favorite Gamecube games.

Best to play it safe, go Dark Moom

I decided to get Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, though I will most likely get New Leaf eventually. Thanks everyone.

Back