I Have a Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knife

Searching for adventure
Retired Wiki Staff
Why don't we get a introduction forum? This way we'll make new users feel more welcome to join the forums. I do realize there is ONE thread for welcoming users, but I don't think that's enough. Of course, we'd disable postcount for that forum.

My second point is that we need to merge some forums/sub-forums. Some forums rarely get any replies, so I don't see the point of having those in the first place.

P.S. I think we need more active mods, this place is almost a spam dump.

agreed okay that´s good.

Agree with everything Knife said. I've been really slacking off in moderating this place.

I'm in favor of two more mods, and maybe we should take away the inactive mods' powers if the whole "we have enough mods" debate comes up. Three active mods are good to have.

I am in favor of Free Loader being a mod, since he's pretty active here. I'm not exactly sure who's a good third choice, this place is lacking in potential recruits.

Free Loader said:
Resident Knife said:
I'm in favor of two more mods, and maybe we should take away the inactive mods' powers if the whole "we have enough mods" debate comes up. Three active mods are good to have.

I am in favor of Free Loader being a mod, since he's pretty active here. I'm not exactly sure who's a good third choice, this place is lacking in potential recruits.

Sorry to sound like some kind of pessimistic freak, but...

Free Loader said:
The Fireman said:
The Fireman said:
I vote Ninji for mod. :) Lulz.

Anyway, I agree with all of your points.

Wow, that actually worked. o.o

OK, we're all f***ed :(

Last I checked, such posts weren't QUITE the kind of thing mods should be doing.
Well, it IS the kind of thing mods do, but it's also the kind of thing you get banned for doing.

And I have a feeling me becoming a mod would be the same story as when I was a chat op.
(aka I get demoted for banning someone who people considered "cool" when he broke the rules)

:-\

Also, same'd Knife.

Resident Knife said:

?
You want there to be three active mods, so hire two more to bring our total up to 6?

We have three active mods. Me, Blitz and Wayoshi. And let's not forget Fireman and Steve.

The only inactive forum mods are Phoenix Rider and Sir Grodus. I know that Grodus logs on once and again, but the last time I saw Rider was on chat last......January, was it Wayo? The three of us had a rousing conversation about the internet.

Regardless, I've thought before that the Mario, Donkey Kong and Wario boards could be merged into the Marioverse board with little difficulty.

Let's just nip this in the bud right now:

Any and all nominations and votes there of for positions pertaining to the forum will be carried out by the Forum Mod team or just Steve if it's Saturday night and he's had a few.

So don't bother.

I know that you and Wayo are active, but I barely see you guys doing anything (no offense). Since Blitz is already a mod, It'd be fine with only Fireman and another person (since Free Loader says he's not up to it).

Am I less active here than I thought, or is this your first post in, I dunno, forever?

I've posted in a few different topics in the last week or two. I mostly post on the mods boards.

PR lost interest and is basically inactive, but is still doing two of his awesome awards scripts. But yeah, early this year he went out.

Too bad. Rider is one of my favorite people around here. Always a gem to talk to.

Is Porple still considering my first two points?

He hasn't said anything to us. He may not have even seen this topic. Knowing him, if he had an opinion, he'd post it here.

I missed this:

Resident Knife said:
I know that you and Wayo are active, but I barely see you guys doing anything (no offense).

It's not like there are thousands of tasks to attend to every day. Compared to other forums I've modded on, this place is super inactive. Most of what needs to be done around here can be done in a few minutes without the need to post.

I noticed that ChaosNinji is a mod while reading this thread. o_o

I noticed I wasn't a mod while not looking at this thread. o_o

ontopic: Per myself, who said Per ToadBert, who said Per Knife.

If we're going to have another mod, I vote for Smiddle. He's on about everyday, he follows the rules, and he has almost 5,000 posts.

Stooben Rooben said:
If we're going to have another mod, I vote for Smiddle. He's on about everyday, he follows the rules, and he has almost 5,000 posts.
Well... post count doesn't exactly matter in the forums. *glances at Wayoshi*

Stooben Rooben said:

Yay! Although I do spam occasionally, I would spam significanlty less as an admin. And like Mr Garlic said, 5k posts are not relevant to anything. Those posts could be spam, or contentful posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back