Do you have any techniques for falling asleep?

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
It's 1:30 in the morning, and I am simply not tired at all. Any tips for actually sleeping?

taking a work shift that runs until 1AM generally helps me fall asleep at that time

Maybe having a fan on while you sleep.

I know I can't sleep whatsoever unless I hear it. Blocks out that white noise which irritates my ears.

If you've tried it I dunno what else to say. I have rather bad insomnia and cannot provide much help.

Just go to sleep when your tired. Dont bother trying to sleep if your not tied because it will just make it harder.

Chloroform and/or ether

Do something physically taxing.

cryoAwakening said:
Time Turner said:
It's 1:30 in the morning, and I am simply not tired at all. Any tips for actually sleeping?

Pfft, it's 4:14am and I'm still up. I won't be asleep for awhile...
Omg you are a stay up late person!

Mario4Ever said:
*high-fives BMB*

Sorry, didn't mean to direct the attention to me.

Reversinator's already asleep, but the best thing to do if you have trouble going to sleep is to pull an all-nighter. Well - at least if you want to get your sleep schedule back in track.

Which is what I'm doing right now...I must stay awake for at least another 13 hours...ugh, it's always so hard to do, but if you TRULY are off your schedule, it's a surefire way to get yourself back on track, as you sleep awesome the following night, and then you wake up early.

That will help you sleep earlier for sure.

EDIT - Nope, won't make it. Gonna go to sleep; maybe I'll wake up before noon so I can get some sleep now and then sleep around 10 tonight...

Time Turner said:

Maybe listen to rain sounds using an iPhone could help. If you like the noise rain makes that is.

Also, sleeping with a fan can help but it really dries up your throat if you do it too much or have it blowing directly on you.

I find it amusing how all of these replies were made during sleeping hours

Listen to these:

A warning though, the second one might get stuck in your head later randomly even if it can make you doze off.

Get off the computer, turn all you're screens off and be in a dark room. The brightness is registered as daylight by your body, so your brain isn't becoming as drowsy as it should.

I sleep with a fan in my room. The white noise helps me sleep pretty well. I usually don't have sleeping problems, so that's all I can advise.

Also, try listening to one of these:

I've been told that any Merchant and Ivory film will put anyone to sleep.

I take the simple two-step approach.
1) close eyes
2) start sleeping

Work hard during the day so you will actually be tired, and therefore able to sleep.

Your sleep will also be more refreshing this way.

MCS said:
I sleep with a fan in my room. The white noise helps me sleep pretty well. I usually don't have sleeping problems, so that's all I can advise.

The fan thing is a good idea but what if its winter?

Coin Heaven said:
MCS said:

The fan thing is a good idea but what if its winter?

You could always turn the fan the direction so it doesn't blow on you. That's one solution.

I just set the fan on low during winter.

You can also set the fan to reverse direction, which will instead circulate the warmer air at the ceiling down to you. It won't blow air towards you, just make the room slightly warmer.

Most fans have a small black switch above the motor that does this.

only thing i know to do is take my geodon and turn my fan on.

Sadly i hate sleeping with a passion, as sleeping does not refresh me at all, seems like im always sleepy to be honest.

Back