Video Game Franchises You Are/Were Overly Obsessed With

Unknown Entity

The Lost Soul
List series that put an impact on your life as a gamer.

Fire Emblem and Tales of were the two big ones I recall. Those days have long since gone by but I still enjoy both very much.

shin megami tenshi
tales of
fire emblem
super smash brothers
pokemon
darkstalkers/vampire savior

yeah not much anymore but i still enjoy a plethora of franchises though.

And why hasn't Mario appeared on everyone's list?

For Poochy's sake, we are at a friggin Mario forum, how can it not be on your guy's lists?

Definitely Mario - moreso Mario & Luigi series since it brought me here and made me realize how much I love Baby Mario - and Zelda.

probably because for a lot of people here, mario series goes up and down.

I'm sure many people here love smg but are often upset that another nsmb title comes out. If anything mario series is probably the most inconsistent when it comes to keeping everyones interest.

Zae said:

I'm sure many people here love smg but are often upset that another nsmb title comes out. If anything mario series is probably the most inconsistent when it comes to keeping everyones interest.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Although, in my case, Mario was a staple with me for 15 years until 2012 hit and I started to lose my interest in him entirely.

Granted, there are a few Mario games coming out I'd still like to try but it doesn't bother me if I never get the chance nowadays.

Unknown Entity said:
Zae said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Although, in my case, Mario was a staple with me for 15 years until 2012 hit and I started to lose my interest in him entirely.

Granted, there are a few Mario games coming out I'd still like to try but it doesn't bother me if I never get the chance nowadays.
Blame NSMB2.

Ace attorney- Please, don't get me started
Legend of Zelda
Professor Layton
Rhythm Thief
Borderlands
Fire Emblem
Dangan Ronpa

They are the main ones...

I wouldn't say I'm "obsessed" with any series, since I always like to switch genres around (after playing like Fire Emblem or something for so long I might change to Mario or maybe Pikmin)

Of course, my favorite franchise ever is the Classic Spyro games, and other series I enjoy include Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Crash Bandicoot, and Super Smash Bros.

Pokemon, Mario Party and the Tales series. Pokemon lasted 3-4 years when I was doing monotype challenges, Mario Party lasted about a year while I bought most of the ones I was missing and the Tales series has been this year when I first played Symphonia until I finished Graces f a month ago.

I'm sort of in a lull of being obsessed over a franchise at the moment. I have nothing to obsess over so I have nothing to buy.

Just take one look at my (and my sister's) collection and I think you'll have a slightly mild and vague idea. :mario: :babyluigi:

my_video_game_stuffed_animal_collection_by_babyluigionfire-d68ecqv.jpg
figures_and_stuff_by_babyluigionfire-d68ek6t.jpg

Mario Party X said:
Just take one look at my (and my sister's) collection and I think you'll have a slightly mild and vague idea. :mario: :babyluigi:

Holy crap. O_O Your Mario collection in much bigger than mine once was.(and it was fairly big)

Too bad I never took any pics to show.

Pokemon was the only game I ever played for a loooooooong time.

Although recently it seemed that I would only play Star Wars PC games. Republic Commando, Battlefront II, Empire at War, TIE Fighter... So much fun.

Yay I have problems.

cryoAwakening said:
And why hasn't Mario appeared on everyone's list?

For Poochy's sake, we are at a friggin Mario forum, how can it not be on your guy's lists?

Definitely Mario - moreso Mario & Luigi series since it brought me here and made me realize how much I love Baby Mario - and Zelda.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like Mario games all that much. I mean the RPG games are pretty good, but the only platformers i liked were SMW, and SMB3. And i'm definitely not obsessed with Mario at all. I much prefer Nintendo's other series over Mario.

As for franchises i have been obsessed with:
-Dragon Age, when i really got into origins, it is pretty much the only thing i played until i beat it, i put so much time into it and I was quite obsessed with it for some time.

-Minecraft, around the time when i first bought it.

-Mass Effect, I'm going to be blunt with this here: I'm absolutely obsessed with this franchise. All three of the games would be in my Top 10. After i finally beat ME1, I instantly started playing me2, when i finished that me3. During this time, these were basically the only games i would play.Not only that, after i beat ME3, after a few days, I began my second playthrough and did all of it over again, and after i beat ME3 the second time, i literally had to stop myself from making a third playthrough. I put a lot of time into these games. In my first playthrough, I put a total of 126 hours, and my second playthrough a total of 128 hours. So i've spent a total of 254 hours in Mass Effect games, about 10.5 whole days. I have ideas for 3 more playthroughs, and I already have most of the next playthrough planned out. I spent several hours trying to see if it was possible to play through the entire trilogy and still get the worst ending. I have watched tons of videos about ME romances or just random funny scenes, or whatever. I have plans to buy a N7 sweatshirt, the comics and the movie.. Hell i even got mods for Civilization so i could have a game with only Mass Effect races. Yes, i have a problem, no i don't care.

Baby Luigi is my absolute favorite character of all time and nothing else is even close to beating him, so yeah....

Mario Party X said:

Wow Lefty and BLOF, that's quite an impressive collection.

Mario Party X said:

Yep, your definitly into Metroid...... just kidding.

And here I thought I was a Mario fan all these years.

I used to be into Mario and Zelda, my admiration for the latter being to the point of obsession. Nowadays, not so much. I don't think I am into any specific game franchise anymore. I like some select games independently from the franchise they are in, and I guess I kind of like The Elder Scrolls, although not to a super extreme extent.

Back