Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Princess Zelda

• Fi

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Crimson Loftwing

• Total voters
freaking king of red lions, because thats an awesome name and i just love wind waker.

Midna whiteout a doubt.

Not annoying, great personality, what a partner should be.

i wouldn't even call midna a partner, more like main character.

The entire game was literally about midna.

Zae said:
i wouldn't even call midna a partner, more like main character.

The entire game was literally about midna.
Midna was the main character plot wise but honestly Link was the one who you play as.

Only 2 options! I wanted to select Epona, Navi, and Fi.

And hey people, I've never played Twilight Princess. Is it good? I don't know, too me, it doesn't give me a "Zelda" feel about it.

Out of all the 3D Zelda games I've played, it's my least favorite but I still enjoyed it.

New Super Mario said:

And hey people, I've never played Twilight Princess. Is it good? I don't know, too me, it doesn't give me a "Zelda" feel about it.

well the game doesn't really focus on link as previously stated, it attempts to be realistic looking but doesn't feel too good about it. Bosses felt pretty easy too, some of the easiest ones, and the game is pretty lengthy for a zelda game compared to previous ones, so it might feel like it drags on a lot if you're used to shorter games, also i didn't really like the first segments of it with the whole wolf thing and shadow parts of the world, its kind of hit or miss.

personally i didn't like it but im not too keen on 3d zeldas anyway, so im not sure my opinion is something to listen to.

One of the things I liked about TP was it's length, I agree bosses were easy (game it's is easy combat wise) but fun to fight.

Dimitri is awesome for one reason...

YOU GET TO RIDE A FRIENDLY DODONGO!!!

Zae said:
freaking king of red lions, because thats an awesome name and i just love wind waker.
same here.

and midna too.

tatl's a runner up.

Because all she does is follow you around throught the sewers under Hyrule castle and serve no purpose.

i might have voted zelda if i was farthar in spirit tracks, alas im not very far(seems like a good character in this game though).

Zae said:
New Super Mario said:

well the game doesn't really focus on link as previously stated, it attempts to be realistic looking but doesn't feel too good about it. Bosses felt pretty easy too, some of the easiest ones, and the game is pretty lengthy for a zelda game compared to previous ones, so it might feel like it drags on a lot if you're used to shorter games, also i didn't really like the first segments of it with the whole wolf thing and shadow parts of the world, its kind of hit or miss.

personally i didn't like it but im not too keen on 3d zeldas anyway, so im not sure my opinion is something to listen to.

Well, it had a lot of OoT references throughout the game. I mean, the first three temples are the same theme as OoT (grass, fire, water), the fourth temple has the four poes that steal stuff, the master sword is used to "change" Link's fate, etc etc. There is other references to other games as well, as you can see the postman as a reference to Majora's Mask, or the twilight realm as the dark world in ALTTP.

I personally find it as one of my favorite Zeldas in terms of gameplay. I did think the enemies/bosses were a bit easy, especially when you compare it to Skyward Sword where you literally have to time your attacks instead of just swinging the controller.

However, Twilight Princess had a lot dark undertones to the game. There is a lot of talk about death in the game, hints about people being killed (barnes scaring everyone by reminding about what happened to the storeowner), actual attempts to murder players - yeah, Zant tries to kill Midna for helping the light people - and a lot of some really dark stuff (such as the fifth temple with the Yeti). They didn't make it rated T for Teen for nothing. The game itself was very dark, as they used a lot of dark shading for the coloring and so it made it hard to play if the room was too bright.

I think that while Majora's Mask was definitely a lot more depressing and just more open about all the death and stuff, Twilight Princess had a lot more emphasis on the fact of death than Majora's Mask. It might have been the better music, it might have been the fact that there was a lot of cutscenes dealing with death while in Majora's Mask you just talk to people and hear their sad stories, there's a lot of reasons. Just playing through Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask not that long ago made me happy that I was very ignorant about all of it when I was younger playing the game, because there really is a lot of sad things in the games.

Now, I do feel that Twilight Princess is a game to invest in. There are a lot of good characters in that game that are unique to that game, you'll get to have a lot of fun with many of the features in that game (so many joy rides on the spinner and playing spider man with the dual claws). The storyline is really good - Skyward Sword has the best plotline of any zelda game imo - and even though it's dark, there are a lot of good scenes and such in the game that really make it enjoyable to watch. There are plenty of puzzles to occupy your problem solving needs (omg, the two statues in Sacred Grove; that definitely took some time), as well as a really good flow of events in the game. Like, besides the beginning that was a bit slow, the game moves rather well, and you're not waiting too long between temples, while still having plenty of things to do between some temples to get to the temple. There are again a lot of good characters in the game, as well Castle Town that has a lot of independent characters that really make it feel like a thriving city.

Midna now is definitely a character you have to meet, because she really gets the game interesting. You will not find a moment where you aren't finding her actions just very toyish and funny to watch. She really is a comical relief in the game while still being a very serious and important character to the game. There will be times where you are just annoyed at her because she just loves to yell at you, times where you are just really wanting to help her because she needs you, times where you are just laughing because of her actions, and times where you could use her to figure something out. There are some things that you will learn about her that only improve her complex character, and if you are ever confused about something, I'm sure I know a lot about her character that I could explain some things.

However, I must warn you about some stuff. There are times in the game where you do get bored. You are just doing some mandatory things that you don't want to do, and it takes time. The great overworld is great, and warping makes everything easy - but there is a lot of wasted time that makes you kind of sleepy at times. Soemtimes those areas are not fun, and it can be annoying having to travel over some massive terrain that takes like 10 minutes to cross of just running and running (yeah, I'm talking about the desert). If you get that game, you have to be prepared for some slow moments, or some boring moments when you are just doing repetitive things. Now, it is nothing like Phantom Hourglass or [partically] Spirit Tracks with the whole "you literally are just wasting time with nothing when you travel from place to place", but I just do warn you that it does get rather tedious.

Likewise, there are some things in the game that may just repel some people away. Like, as I said about the darkness, it can seem like a bit non-Zelda, and if you are a fan that enjoys games like Wind Waker or Skyward Sword, and didn't like Majora's Mask, then you might want to glaze over this game, or at least try it out before you make your final decision. There isn't many sidequests, which does make the game feel a bit boring once you're done. It definitely was better than Ocarina of Time, which was so boring when you finished the game, and it only felt like mainquest and then that's that. Speaking of sidequests in this game, most of them are very straightforward and easy, and quick to do, which I mean, if you aren't the fan of long sidequests, then you'll like this game, but it doesn't venture very deep into outside the mainquest.

I want to expand on the map while I'm at it. There is definitely a lot of area to cover, and a lot of land. I do like how they made it better than OoT by making some areas not feel like a "explore it one time and never see it again" or "you only see it to the end and then that's it", but it still had a lot of that happening. Same with certain items, where you barely used some items, had useless random items, and some items that you didn't get till the very end - again, better than OoT's item inventory, but still. But what I was saying about the map is that some of the areas are rather too vast, and some of the areas are just repeats of themselves. Don't get me wrong, I love Lake Hylia and Zora Domain and it was fun and all, but much of Hyrule field was just background stuff and there was a lot of traveling involved. It was fun to have Epona ride through it all, but I think that maybe they were a bit TOO much with the landscape and all the open areas. It just took a lot of time to get from one place to another, and if you are not a somewhat patient gamer, then it can be difficult to stomach stuff like that.

Now, about the twilight realms. I felt that the addition of them were great on the plot. It was fun to see the contrast from light to twilight, and how it was literally engulfing the land (would've been cooler had you saw it expand instead it just being there, but whatever. I do agree though that it can be a hit or miss with some places. The bug hunting stuff was rather annoying to do, though it did get you familiarized with your locations. I felt that it only extended the mainquest a bit, and it took forever at times to finish. Again, ties back to a little too big of landscape, and I kind of feel like a hypocrite because I personally loved the bigger area more than I liked the smaller areas that they had in Majora's Mask or Skyward Sword since it was more to explore.

In my personal opinion, Twilight Princess is definitely in my top 5 favorite Zelda games, along with Skyward Sword, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Spirit Tracks. I loved it for the gameplay and the very original quest and all the cool cutscenes, as well as them pushing the envelope a bit with the darkness, as it really brought a sense of reality to the game, and I think it pleased a lot of more hardcore gamers with the game, as it definitely is one of the most serious Zelda games to date. Majora's Mask I love for the wonderful soundtrack, the excellent usage of time management as well as those dark undertones and knowing that you are trying to heal everyone's pains as you continue to revert back to time. Plus, it provided a challenge to overcome, and yet not being a time limit as you had all the chances you wanted to use; the areas were also excellent in the places. Wind Waker was just really good with showing a great possibility of how Hyrule could become and how it's kind of like a blend of new Zelda (above the seas) and old Zelda (the below the seas that we know and love) into a game, and I think it was my favorite with all the sidequests, as there was SO much to do. Spirit Tracks I loved because it brought Zelda into more of a protagonist figure rather than a damsel in distress, and for some reason I just find it fun to play. I don't know why, but I really liked the game - I think it was because it had a lot of characterization of Link and Zelda's relationship and seeing how they give more personality to both those characters and really made Link have some personality. Skyward Sword mostly because of the rich and excellent plot, the cutscenes, the first take on Zelda, all the complex things that slowly piece together through the game, and really making it feel like "I wonder what is more to explore" rather than "when will I reach the final boss and end this game?".

Epona hasn't really been a partner but just a means of transportation. Plus, no personality, which just makes it kind of a not-important character unless you need to get somewhere.

Navi is just annoying, but I could see her being a good partner.

Tatl was sassier than Navi, and had a lot of attitude, but I did like her.

Ricky, Dimitri, and Moosh I don't recall...

King of Red Lions was great, though he was just more of a informer than a partner. Like, everything he said was just straightfoward, impassive, and was like a monotype voice.

Ezlo...all he did was yap at you. No joke, whenever he talked, all he did was use his beak-like mouth and just yell at you about something from above your head.

Midna I already explain in that rant.

Ciela was like a wannabe Navi/Tatl, having the same attittude and stuff, though I did like how they kind of made her a dynamic character.

Zelda was definitely loads of fun in Spirit Tracks, and she definitely was one of the best Zeldas to date. If I had more than 2 votes, I would vote her. I'm surprised she's not getting any votes.

Fi - Pfft, I love Fi. She was rather emotionless, but I loved how elegant and so...unique, and she had such a great design; definitely the prettiest of all of Link's partners. I honestly just loved her, and I thought it was a great character to have in the game.

The loftwing I would put in the same boat as Epona, and was in fact just the sky-version of Epona. I'm sure if there was a Zelda game underwater, they would have a manta ray or seahorse that would be like Epona and Crimson Loftwing.

Navi.
Just "LISTEN!".

Back