The Mario series page

Stumpers

Hammer Bro.
Retired Wiki Staff
I was checking out our page for the Super Mario series (found at Mario (series) for those who don't know) and as much effort that has been put into it, I think it needs a makeover. Something about it just looks underdone, even though I can tell that it is not. First of all, I think we need to define what the article is about. Are we talking about the main Mario series, which started with Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 1-3, and is currently at Super Mario Galaxy? If so, we should keep that we are not just listing Mario's appearances, which means that Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong II, Donkey Kong III, and the DK Game & Watch titles don't belong here. Of course, we need to mention the DK series because the Mario series is a spin-off of the Donkey Kong series.

I think we still need to mention each time a spin-off series starts, and then back off. I think that's what we're doing right now, right? We should also get more into the history, such as when the cartoons, anime, comics, etc. began in relation to the games.

As for the format, I don't think sorting by console platforms is a good idea since there have been so many handhelds as well, but I could be pushed either way. The "one game-one paragraph" format needs to be changed so that it doesn't look like a list. Do you think we could use a series infobox as well? It could include: name, dates active (19**-present), spin-off of (in this case DK series), first game, spin-offs organized by date (MK, etc.), and last/current game. I know that this would be applicable to many articles: Mario, DK, Wario, Yoshi, Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Picross, etc.

Finally, I'm thinking of a name change for the article: the article should cover Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Super Mario World 1-2, Super Mario 64, Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy primarily, right? With the exception of only two of these titles, all of them are "Super Mario ____" and only one of them is "Mario ____". Based on that, I think "Super Mario (series)" is a much more applicable name.

I have no agenda here, so please discuss freely because I'm completely open to ideas before I start rewriting the article.

This one time, I swallowed a glow stick. It gave me a terrible stomach ache. Then I pooed. It was a glowing poo.

You see where I'm going with this? If you over think things like these you'll just end up swallowing a glow stick and pooing glow-poo.

Ghost Jam said:
This one time, I swallowed a glow stick. It gave me a terrible stomach ache. Then I pooed. It was a glowing poo.

You see where I'm going with this? If you over think things like these you'll just end up swallowing a glow stick and pooing glow-poo.
lol

Stumpers said:
I was checking out our page for the Super Mario series (found at Mario (series) for those who don't know) and as much effort that has been put into it, I think it needs a makeover. Something about it just looks underdone, even though I can tell that it is not. First of all, I think we need to define what the article is about. Are we talking about the main Mario series, which started with Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 1-3, and is currently at Super Mario Galaxy? If so, we should keep that we are not just listing Mario's appearances, which means that Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong II, Donkey Kong III, and the DK Game & Watch titles don't belong here. Of course, we need to mention the DK series because the Mario series is a spin-off of the Donkey Kong series.

I think we still need to mention each time a spin-off series starts, and then back off. I think that's what we're doing right now, right? We should also get more into the history, such as when the cartoons, anime, comics, etc. began in relation to the games.

As for the format, I don't think sorting by console platforms is a good idea since there have been so many handhelds as well, but I could be pushed either way. The "one game-one paragraph" format needs to be changed so that it doesn't look like a list. Do you think we could use a series infobox as well? It could include: name, dates active (19**-present), spin-off of (in this case DK series), first game, spin-offs organized by date (MK, etc.), and last/current game. I know that this would be applicable to many articles: Mario, DK, Wario, Yoshi, Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Picross, etc.

Finally, I'm thinking of a name change for the article: the article should cover Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Super Mario World 1-2, Super Mario 64, Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy primarily, right? With the exception of only two of these titles, all of them are "Super Mario ____" and only one of them is "Mario ____". Based on that, I think "Super Mario (series)" is a much more applicable name.

I have no agenda here, so please discuss freely because I'm completely open to ideas before I start rewriting the article.
I say we should call it "Super Mario Bros. (series)"

Super Mario Bros. (series) would be good, but I would think that name would only apply to Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. Kinda like how Super Mario World (series) would sound like an article on Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Back