My First Attempt at Making Something in 3D/SK Generations

SKmaric

King Bowser
YRxTVaD.png

And it had to be of something that was of an art style that I wasn't even sure would even work in 3D.

The mouth, ear and eyes are actually painted on after it was rendered, and the shoes are the same as Sonic's shoes, and his torso is too short, and his hands are too big...

But yeah, I still had to make it fit on Sonic's bones of which I built this model on top of.

The reason? Well, I tried to port it into Sonic Generations but...
97DE3B05136F7F565CF6CAF1AE79646E2214B39E

Guess I'll try again, there's got to something I missed.

Re: My First Attempt at Making Something in 3D

Toad Eightyfive said:
SKmarioman said:

You're a chaos emerald?
The same thing happens with every other model I've tried porting so far
  • Mario
  • Shadow (from SA2)
  • Yoshi
  • Wario (which would have been absolutely hilarious to see)
But the weird blur only happens on the SK model I tried to port.

Nearly succeeded!
Turns out I was using the wrong plugin for 3DS Max, I had to use OgreMax and not EasyOgreExport or whatever it was.

And before anyone asked how I made the rainbow effect, it was a complete accident. In fact, I don't know how to fix it :( It's part of the .material file that relates to the material for the body, as I've tried swapping it which fixes the weird rainbow thing but has the wrong texture.

Rather big update, I think everything should be explained in the annotations and video description.

Sonic rival fight added.

First of all, a new screenshot!
6E35A0655A8FF2622D20FD45EA50840AB1EBA41B
Now for a proper video.
Now why Petey Piranha? Well, basically out of boredom and the end of my 3DS Max trial period coming soon, I decided to challenge myself by porting a character model that would probably never fit over any Sonic character. So I went with Petey Piranha because he is only barely humanoid and... it was good enough for me to show here. I just quickly changed the boss title card for the sake of the video and making sense with it being alongside SK here (that's why it's very unfinished).

Anyway, so I would like to make note of the fact that I have finally acquired a proper license to upgrade my 3DS Max to remove the time limit (the Autodesk Education Community, but you have to be a student or faculty member) so this means that I can do more work on this, and even some other things that 3DS Max offers that other things don't.

Back