GeoGuessr

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
GeoGuessr is an online game that grabs all the maps from Google Maps, places you on a random spot somewhere in the world, and has you guess where you are in the world. You can go down the streets and try to figure out where you are by discerning the language and the general layout of the area. After you guess your location, it gives you a score dependent on how close you were, and the game ends after five rounds of this. This gave is a lot of fun when you're bored and have nothing better to do, and you can spend a lot of time on this looking at a certain language and trying to figure out which one it is. I've set up a challenge; whoever can get a better score than me at the same locations that I visited will get some sort of reward that I'll think of later, maybe. Whatever, it's still a fun game, and challenge me or not, try it out.

New Super Mario said:
Did that challenge too. How do you start a challenge?
You mean how to start a brand new challenge or how to respond to someone else's challenge? If it's the former, then after you go through your five locations, there should be a url near the top that lets you send out a challenge to other people.

Well that was fun, i lost the challenge because of my incompetence, but it was pretty fun.

Time Turner said:
New Super Mario said:
You mean how to start a brand new challenge or how to respond to someone else's challenge? If it's the former, then after you go through your five locations, there should be a url near the top that lets you send out a challenge to other people.
Oh ok.

Everytime I do it, it seems I get Brazil and Australia all the time.

Can't you limit it to just the USA or something? I haven't traveled the world ya' know.

New Super Mario said:
Time Turner said:
New Super Mario said:
Oh ok.

Can't you limit it to just the USA or something? I haven't traveled the world ya' know.
that's the entire point

Time Turner said:
New Super Mario said:
Time Turner said:
New Super Mario said:
Oh ok.

that's the entire point
Well I know, but there could be an option at least. Because so far, I'm basing a lot of my guesses on the language on the signs, if they have a river in them, and the climate.

New Super Mario said:
Time Turner said:
New Super Mario said:
Time Turner said:
New Super Mario said:
Oh ok.

that's the entire point
Well I know, but there could be an option at least. Because so far, I'm basing a lot of my guesses on the language on the signs, if they have a river in them, and the climate.
that's also the entire point

http://www.geoguessr.com?v=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

Time Turner said:
Mexico? You put Montreal in Mexico, of all places?

I put Montreal in Montreal and got it wrong.

Gimli said:
Time Turner said:
Mexico? You put Montreal in Mexico, of all places?

I put Montreal in Montreal and got it wrong.
Yeah, either the French got last when they came to Canada and took one of their old cities' names, or the French were jealous and made another city in France.

Bump.
Geoguessr is a pretty fun game, but the problem is that about half of the time it places you on rural highways forcing you to read signs or look at the models of vehicles or something.

I can't post a challenge now thanks to this trackpad with makes guessing inaccurate, but will have one up by tomorrow.

EDIT: wow I suck

Back