What should I do until I get this game.

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
First off, before I begin, I would like to not hear your opinions about the game I want to get because it is irrelevant in a thread like this and does not answer my question.

Okay, I have made the decision to get Brain Age: Concentration Training mostly because my parents are most likely to be able to afford it a short amount of time.

The problem I am having is that I can't wait to get the game, mostly because I really want to play these exercises.

Devilish Calculations
Devilish Reading
Devilish Listening
Devilish Pairs
Piano Player
Peg Solitaire
Mahjong Solitaire
Music Appreciation

The ones that are scratched out are ones I know "how to fight the crave" for.

Devilish Pairs
I can easily play a game of, well "concentration" (memory match) while I wait to get the game.

Peg Solitaire
I have a real peg solitaire game at home, I can easily just play with that while I wait to get the game.

Music Appreciation
I listen to enough video game music so this is resolved.

I want to know if you guys have ideas on what I can do that can get me ready for the real exercises while I wait to get the game.

Interesting request for help. Hopefully I can be of some assistance.

chillv said:
Devilish Calculations
Completing a few Sudoku puzzles could be a good way to get your mathematical matter going. I quite enjoy them.

chillv said:
Devilish Reading
Get a family member or friend to read through a short story that you have never read before, and ask them to think of 10 questions relating to the events which happened in that story. Then, not yet looking at the questions, read the story twice over. And then answer the questions (don't look at the book until the questions have been answered). After you have answered them to the best of your ability, check to see how many you got right.

chillv said:
Devilish Listening
Perhaps a similar activity to the one seen above could be carried out. But this time, instead of a book, use an audio recording of a short story.

chillv said:
Piano Player
Find a piano or keyboard (if you don't have one, then I'm sure there's a downloadable app for phone or tablet devices). Assuming that you are familiar with the register, perform some scales. Regardless of whether you may or may not already be good at piano, listening to some simple tunes and trying to play them back would also be a good exercise.

chillv said:
Mahjong Solitaire
There are plenty of online Mahjong games which you might want to check out.

Back