Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Metroid: Other M

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
Didn't see a topic for this and the "Metroid discussion" topic hasn't been posted in for a year, so...

I am currently on a Metroid spree (going to play through every Metroid game I have) so I will have a refined opinion on each game before long, but I am curious to know what you guys think: what is your favorite Metroid game?

I excluded Metroid Prime Trilogy because that's kind of cheating having three games in one... :P

Damn it, Packy, why must you make me choose?

It's either Super Metroid or Metroid Prime.

if anyone votes metroid other m, kill them

Changed my vote to Other M to spite you (I'm probably the only person here who likes it to any extent, anyway).

prime

that's really the only one I've played besides fusion though

i need to get around to playing prime 2

I only tried fusion and zero mission.

the bosses are too hard for me.

I fail terribly at Kraid.

GalacticPetey said:
I should really play Metroid sometime. If one comes for Wii U, I'll get it.

Wait about ten days or so, and Super Metroid will be on there for thirty cents.

You're thinking of Metroid with that Ambassador comment, Toad.

Well, let's see...I've played all 3 Metroid Primes, Metroid Prime Pinball, and Metroid: Other M. I'd say my favorite is probably Metroid Prime 3: Corruption or Metroid Prime, as I have fond memories of playing both of them in middle school, and even beating the former which was super fun (despite missing 2 scans, which pissed me off). The Prime series is fantastic in general.

Other M
was...eh, alright, but definitely not as good as Prime. I don't really hate it for the sexism-filled storyline like most people do (I'm not one to hate plotlines), but mainly because the lack of first-person view and scans that made Metroid Prime unique when I played it back in 6th grade. Not to mention Samus having a voice actress completely destroys her mysterious personality.

Metroid Prime Pinball I haven't played for years, so I can't really say for sure, but it was okay. Metroid Prime II I've been stuck on for the past 2 years because I don't remember where I'm at in the game and don't want to delete the save file because of all the work I spent on it, but I remember it being equally good as Metroid Prime.

Metroid Prime, I'm actually considering whether this or Paper Mario 2 is my favourite game now.

I enjoyed exploring, learning the area's for myself, the lonely atmosphere and the varied areas. I don't like the 2D Metroid games, they aren't as much fun for me.

I honestly like every game in the series except.... that one.

Hell, I like Return of Samus but it's very much an acquired taste. Personal favorites are Super, Prime, and Zero Mission.

still can't beat that 15% run though

carckin355 said:
I enjoyed exploring, learning the area's for myself, the lonely atmosphere and the varied areas. I don't like the 2D Metroid games, they aren't as much fun for me.

Yes. The lonely atmosphere in the first 2 Metroid Primes was really mysterious and it made you feel this indescribable feeling when playing it. The ambient music added even more suspense.

Metroid Prime 3 was still good even though it dropped the lonely atmosphere and had characters and dialogue, but...eh, not as classic as the first 2.

'3Kraid said:
I honestly like every game in the series except.... that one.

Hell, I like Return of Samus but it's very much an acquired taste. Personal favorites are Super, Prime, and Zero Mission.

still can't beat that 15% run though

I'm assuming "that one" is Other M? eh, who am I kidding, of course it is

Man, all this talk of Metroid Prime is making me want to attempt the Omega Pirate whom I've been stuck on for like 4 years. I probably suck at this point though, so I'd need to review the controls and such.

MCS said:
Man, all this talk of Metroid Prime is making me want to attempt the Omega Pirate whom I've been stuck on for like 4 years. I probably suck at this point though, so I'd need to review the controls and such.

Do eet. Beat the gaim. I don't exactly remember that boss much, but I do think I did a lot of jumping around and visor swapping. I guess that's another thing about Prime I like, it uses all of your upgrades from when you get them to the end in different ways.

Back